Porter Cable 4112 dovetail jig router bit.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • compgodjds
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2006

Porter Cable 4112 dovetail jig router bit.

I was given a 4112 porter cable dovetail jig but the rub collar and router bit were missing. I know the size of the rub collar but am unsure which router bit is needed. It is porter cable part number 43640. Any help would be appreciated. If no one knows I have a couple of dovetail bits and will try them out this weekend.

Thanks.
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

The dovetail bit is a 17/32" dia, 7deg angle. If you also need the straight bit, it is a 13/32" dia.

I've only used the original bits that came with my 4212 jig, but have read that the Porter-Cable bits can be hard to find. If so, Whiteside no. RD7531 is the same as the P-C dovetail bit. Hartville Tool has it, for $17.99.
    Larry

Comment

• THyman
      Established Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Originally posted by LarryG
      The dovetail bit is a 17/32" dia, 7deg angle. If you also need the straight bit, it is a 13/32" dia.

I've only used the original bits that came with my 4212 jig, but have read that the Porter-Cable bits can be hard to find. If so, Whiteside no. RD7531 is the same as the P-C dovetail bit. Hartville Tool has it, for $17.99.
      You could also get the Whiteside bit from Holbren or Woodcraft
      War Eagle!

Comment

• compgodjds
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2006

So the 4112 uses the same bits as the 4212 then? I will order the ones you guys said thanks.

Comment

• LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by compgodjds
          So the 4112 uses the same bits as the 4212 then?
          NO. Crap ... my bad. I completely misread the model number of your jig. We talk so much about the newer 4212 around here that what you wrote failed to register. My bad. Endless apologies.

I think, but am not sure, the 4112 uses a 14deg bit. Call Hartville Tool ... they will know, since the same jigs they sell are identical to the older P-C models.
          Larry

Comment

• jarhead
            • May 2004
            • Boynton Beach, FL.

1/2" 14° dovetail bit

1/2" 14° dovetail bit

Linky

Comment

• compgodjds
              Forum Newbie
              • Jul 2006

NO. Crap ... my bad. I completely misread the model number of your jig. We talk so much about the newer 4212 around here that what you wrote failed to register. My bad. Endless apologies.

I think, but am not sure, the 4112 uses a 14deg bit. Call Hartville Tool ... they will know, since the same jigs they sell are identical to the older P-C models.

That's why I replied because I thought maybe the model number would confuse peoplw since I don't think anyone uses the older version. Thanks for the link it says it came with a 1/2 inch 14 degree bit.

Comment

• Holbren
                • Oct 2004
                • Heathrow, FL.

The Whiteside number is D7-531, the "R" at the front is a Hartville thing. The 13/32" straight bit is the 1064A.
                Brian
                Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
                "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                www.holbren.com

Comment

Working...