• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Harbor Freight -- Drug pushers

Tools are like crack cocaine. HF is like a drug dealer--they know you need it, and they're all too willing to help you buy it. Those crazy sales, those 10% coupons. Not a week goes by without another e-mail enticing me to drive across town for another hit of green metal and vile (yet sweet) anti-corrosion treatment. Mmmmmm.

They know where I live. If I try to kick the habit, will they show up at my door with ball peen hammers? I think I need an intervention.

Sometimes I just go in for paraphernalia--those half price clamps, some sanding belts, a blade or two at half price... But I end up spending three figures before I know what's happened.
  • eblevins
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • Indiana.

Must still be hot out in Arizona? LOL

Ed

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Dropped to 65 today, perfect working weather, but I'm stuck inside working. And staring at this flier and 10% coupon, needing my fix.

Comment

• Texas splinter
        Established Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Abilene, TX, USA.
        • BT3100

Hey guys, I'm just a recreational tool buyer. I mean I can quit anytime I want to, but first there's this drill press... I can get a really good deal... Yeah, I'll quit next week - Honest!!
        "Aspire to inspire before you expire."

Chuck Hershiser
        Abilene, Texas

Comment

• eblevins
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2004
          • Indiana.

Is the 10% still on?

Ed

Comment

• Ehrnam45
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2003
            • Grand Rapids, MI, USA.
            • BT3100

eblevens- do a search for HF coupon on the forums and you'll find an image of said coupon from HF. Just print them out, and take one with you each time you go in! There's no expiration either, so you can print stacks of them all day long. Too bad you can't use more than one at a time. :P
            Big Rog

Comment

• eblevins
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2004
              • Indiana.

Thanks guys,
              printed them and headed to HF tomorrow........

Ed

Comment

• jbalders
                Established Member
                • Oct 2003
                • Vienna, VA, USA.
                • BT3100 + Shopsmith

Ed,

I don't think so. The flyer I saw, which was at:

Said that the sale (and 10% off coupon) ended 2/5/04. However, I believe the link I just gave you is their permanent sale link. It now has a different deal with a $5 or $10 off coupon for $50 or $100 purchases (respectively), which is good through 2/11/04.

Check the link on Wednesday or Thursday. It might have a new coupon then.

Jeff
                Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

Comment

• eblevins
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Indiana.

Thanks Jeff,
                  printed them out also. Still heading out tomorrow with all kinds of coupons.
                  Ed

Comment

• Hoover
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2003
                    • USA.

Probably need to start a Harbor Freight Anonymous recovery group, for green tool addiction.
                    No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• eblevins
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2004
                      • Indiana.

Well just returned from HF and they honored the 10% coupon I printed from another post. Also took internet prices that were cheaper than store prices and they honored them. I was also looking for a Link Belt and they had quit carrying them. But the store manager went in the back room and brought a display package with the Link Belt and gave it to me (no charge). They had one 2HP DC left and had to fight off the urge to buy it. I have already purchased the Jet 1100 with canister but probably could use another. Now just have to find time to use all this stuff.

Ed

Comment

Working...