HomeDepot product availability checking?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

HomeDepot product availability checking?

Can individual HD stores be checked On Line for a product availability? Walmart online does this - letting me know if a particular store has the item I want. But I don't know if or how to do it with HD's web site.

There are times that folks here report certain product availability in two or three local HD stores near them. How is that done other than phoning and asking?

I have found a few items online with HD that my nearest HD does not carry. I sure would like to know these before I make the 30 mile trip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

Looks like they have a beta "check store availability" thing. Look right below the pictured item for the button. But it ain't working for me.
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

When I bring up Home Depot, or Lowes, there is a box to check for "store finder" where you put in your zip code. It will give a choice of distances. When the stores show up, you can check the particular one. With HD, it will be called "your store". Once you pull up the menu, you will be given the choice for "online" or "in store"

I'll say this, I always call the store to check stock before I drive there.

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

Yea, what cabinetman said.

I don't really use HDs website. I find it painful to navigate, many products aren't listed or I can't fin them, etc., but I have noticed the part about setting your store. Sam's website has the same store preference selection.
        Erik

Comment

• toolguy1000
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • westchester cnty, ny

i have found all of the above comments are mostly true. i would add that some of this depends on the size and nature of the item being sought. a local HD had no BS1400s onhand, per their inventory control system. a quick personal walk through found a lone bs1400 shrink wrapped to a pallet of other items on the top tier of an overhead rack. i never trust a phone check if i'm hunting for a clearance item of any significance. for smaller items, always request visual verification of any item that is alledgedly onhand. IMHE, there seems to be little correlation between HDs online store and the local stores.
          there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Thanks for the information. I thought some of you were able to check store availability. I know to call to double check for in-stock, but the main thing was to see if it was available at the store generally.

Yesterday, I was at HD and asked about a sander and two people said that they didn't carry that, online only. I knew it was available online though.
            Hank Lee

Comment

• Russianwolf
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
              • One of them there Toy saws

Hank, they do have this feature. Go to "shop all departments"/"flooring"/"bamboo flooring"

for my zip they are showing 14 options.

The first, right below the "add to cart button" is a "check store availability" button. clicking is shows that Hagerstown has 52 in stock, West Frederick has 44, etc.

The other 13 options have a "sold in your store" message instead so obviously the feature isn't available on all items.
              Mike
              Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Russianwolf
                Hank, they do have this feature. Go to "shop all departments"/"flooring"/"bamboo flooring"
                for my zip they are showing 14 options.
                The first, right below the "add to cart button" is a "check store availability" button. clicking is shows that Hagerstown has 52 in stock, West Frederick has 44, etc.
                The other 13 options have a "sold in your store" message instead so obviously the feature isn't available on all items.
                Thanks Mike,

I found that. It was something that I looked for many times and just missed. I knew how to do this on Walmarts page but looked and looked on HD. For me it was driving on the right side and then changing countries and driving on the left side. Everything changes places and hides!
                Hank Lee

Comment

Working...