• Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by jonmulzer
    (1) P0555137 BRACKET
    (2) P0555140 SUPPORT PLATE
    (1) P0555133 LEVER ROD
    (1) P0555135 BUSHING
    (1) P0555141 FIXED BASE
    (1) P0555033A BLADE ADJ SCR ASSY 7" THREAD

I think that is the same as your order. I have not compared the minutiae of the numbers, but at a glance I think they are the same?
    That looks about right.

What components are we missing? According to the phone rep from Grizzly, 130 A&B and 131 A&B are included in P055033A Blade Adj Screw Assembly 7".
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jonmulzer
      • Dec 2007
      • Indianapolis, IN

The ones he said were included, were not on mine. Maybe my screw assembly was missing parts? I had to order them separately. I have also somehow misplaced them since I received my second order.
      "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

You were dead on right, stan was WRONG, well maybe not when he posted, and in all fairness, the grizzly rep I talked to goofed too... What a PITA...

Oh well, now to Ace Hardware to grab the misc fasteners...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jonmulzer
          • Dec 2007
          • Indianapolis, IN

I was REALLY hoping I was wrong so they would send me the parts to replace the ones I ordered the second time and that disappeared into the wormhole. I have looked everywhere. Looks like I am going to have to re-re-order them!
          "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• pbui3057
            Established Member
            • Jul 2008
            • Mather, CA
            • BT3000

Can you two make up your mind and post the correct order numbers please!?!?!? Much appreciated.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by pbui3057
              Can you two make up your mind and post the correct order numbers please!?!?!? Much appreciated.
              I have double and triple checked the part #s against the Grizzly G0555 parts list. The previously mentioned part number change that Stan listed on the second page of this thread is currently wrong information. But that is a very old post too... Current correct information is as follows...

33 P0555033A 1 Blade Adj. Screw Assy 7"
              130A PSS05M 1 Setscrew M5-.8x10 (Get this from local hardware store if possible. I could not find these locally.)
              130B PSS07M 1 Setscrew M5-.8x5 (Get this from local hardware store if possible. I could not find these locally.)
              131A P0555131A 1 Fixed Spacer A.
              131B P0555131B 1 Fixed Spacer B.
              133 P0555133 1 Lever Rod
              135 P0555135 1 Bushing
              137 P0555137 1 Bracket
              140 P0555140 2 Support Plate
              141 P0555141 1 Fixed Base

Now the rest of this stuff SHOULD be findable at your local hardware store for a LOT less money than Grizzly sells it.
              If you are wanting to go with the Metric to be 100% up to speed with Grizzly, the parts are...
              132 PW04M 1 Flat Washer 10mm
              134, PW01M 6 Flat Washer 8MM
              136, PSB82M 1 Button Cap Screw M8-1.25x20
              138, PB15M 2 Hex Bolt M8-1.25x40
              139, P0555139 2 Nylon Nut M8-1.25
              142, PLW04M 2 Lock Washer 8MM
              143, PB09M 1 Hex Bolt M8-1.25x20

Following the original instructions, I am going with 5/16" SAE mostly because I have the SAE tap & die set from way back when... Those components are...
              2 @ 5/16-18 bolts 1 1/2"
              2 @ 5/15-18 bolts 3/4"
              1 @ 5/16-18 button cap screw 3/4"
              7 @ 5/16 flat washers
              2 @ 5/16 lock washers
              2 @ 5/16-18 nylon locking nuts

FWIW, I use a LOT of 5/16" hardware, and intend on picking mine up in full box quantities at Ace Hardware. My local Ace gives full box discounts...

Comment

• srbliss2000
                Handtools only
                • Apr 2012

New info on this mod?

The original link is dead. I would love to add the grizzly blade tensioner to my saw.

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

I would HIGHLY recommend you read the text of this thread, then read the article I wrote on the subject HERE, and follow that up with reading my blog series (7 parts) on Hot Rodding a Harbor Freight bansaw that I put up on Lumberjocks a while back... It can be found HERE.

IF after all that, you still have questions, send me a private message with your email address and I will answer anything I can for you...

This is a very worth while modification, and it is very easy to do, but I do not recommend it for the mechanically squeamish as it DOES involve drilling into the frame of the saw... Any mistakes / breaking or messing up expensive parts is your responsibility...

Comment

• srbliss2000
                    Handtools only
                    • Apr 2012

Thank you -exactly what I was looking for!

The links you provided are what I need to finish the mod. So far I have converted over to one speed and a new single belt - huge improvement! The saw came with a new 1HP motor and now I will be beefing up the wimpy motor mount. New graphite guide blocks are on the way along with a new fence and tires and blade from Carter. I will be ordering the Grizzly parts in the AM and will post pics as I do the mods. If I do the riser block I will be swapping the motor from my table saw over to the band-saw and adding a 2 or 3 Hp motor to the table-saw and moving the band-saw motor over to my underpowered drill press.
                    Steve

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

I had originally planned on the motor upgrade, but haven't really needed to. I just run the saw on the fastest speed and it just hums along nicely... Then again, I am patient...

Comment

• Cochese
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2010

I might have to get in on this as well, now that the riser is done.
                        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• bmyers
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2003
                          • Fishkill, NY
                          • bt 3100

Does this mod move the tension knob above the top of the wheel guard or is there something else to order from Griz? I hate having the tension knob stuck behind the top wheel and awkward to adjust.

Thx,
                          B
                          "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• toolguy1000
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • westchester cnty, ny

doesn't carter have a "ratchet rod"? maybe the round handle can be replaced with a one arm crank. or even a ratchet handle from a socket wrench set.
                            there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25128636/It...logue_2010.pdf , page 26-28

Comment

• dbhost
                                Slow and steady
                                • Apr 2008
                                • League City, Texas
                                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by bmyers
                                Does this mod move the tension knob above the top of the wheel guard or is there something else to order from Griz? I hate having the tension knob stuck behind the top wheel and awkward to adjust.

Thx,
                                B
                                Yes,l if you use the grizzly tension rod, then it is moved to the top of the upper wheel guard... I did this to mine about 2 or 3 years ago now... Look through my old threads, it's here somewhere...

Comment

Working...