• Show
Clear All
  • bigdaddyjohn
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Fort Wayne, IN.
    • Jet 10" Contractor

benchtop jointer parts

Anybody know of alternative source for the "belt" on a craftsman 6-1/8" benchtop jointer? It is about 1/2" wide with 6 ribs on the inside. Yes, I know it's a poor description. However, even using the part number, I can't find it on the web, much less Sears's site. Sears can send the part for $12 plus $7 for shipping, with 7-14 day turnaround. Shipping seems high for a part that weighs less than 2 ounces and I don't really want to wait 2 weeks.

Has anyone changed the pulley's to accept v-link belts?

Thanks,
    bigdaddyjohn
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

We need to start with the obvious. What is the complete model and part numbers?

If it is made by someone, like Ryobi, it starts with 315.xxxxx. If that is the case, try M&D or outdoor parts.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• bigdaddyjohn
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Fort Wayne, IN.
      • Jet 10" Contractor

149.23628 craftsman (no laughing) 6-1/8" jointer. Didn't have the number in front of me when I posted.

Bando 135j6 is the belt.

Seems like a racket. Ryobi planers use the same belt if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

First, the bad news, AMT was bought out, and the company that did, got rid of ALL their tool documentation and parts.

Now the good new, I don't know what state your in, but I'd find a local belt distributer, and ask them to order it.

Bando USA is a Leading Supplier of automotive and industrial power transmission belts as well as conveyor belts.

You might even find some crossover book at an autoparts store, and be able to get it through them. But Bando would probably be easier.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...