• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJFrank
    Established Member
    • Jun 2003
    • NJ, USA.

Porter Cable 743 & 347 Circular Saw @Sears

Sears has been closing out these 2 saws, 85.00 and 80.00 each. Be carefull to check the price if you find them, the price on the display model at my local store was $109.00, but if you have them scan them they should come up at the lower price posted above.

I just picked up the Left Hand 743 model at the Watchung NJ store. I was lucky enough to get the display model as it was the last in stock, and they took another 30% off bringing the price to just under $60.00 out the door. Just didn't get the case and the dust shoot was missing.

They had 2 righthanders left in stock when I left. If anyone local is interested.

I was lucky enough to get a good sales guy to check the sku and stock, not all do that. Most just look at the label and say it's $109.00 so ask them to double check.

• dedaddy
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Dallastown, PA, USA.
    • Jet SuperSaw w/sliding table and jointech fence

I have both of these saws and they are good tools. I like the movable chip chutes. I connect my vac to the chute when I saw anything and collect almost all the dust. I had to add a little "skirt" to the blade guard to get all the dust but it works fine. They are rugged, powerful and well designed. I consider them industry standards to be compared against. At this price, they are a super bargin.
    Lee
    =============
    I live in my own little world. That's OK. Everybody there knows me!!

Comment

• derekbang
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2004
      • Fishers, IN, USA.

Hey - thanks for posting this. I was at Sears Friday so I checked their stock and sure enough both the saws you mentioned were on clearance at the prices you listed (regular price for both was $119). They had one right handed saw left in stock and only the floor model for the left hander, which was my preference. Initially they offered me 10% off of $80 for the floor model but when they could find the case or dust port, I told them no deal (especially since this is an upgrade, i.e. want versus need). They went and found a manager and came back offering it for $55 as is. Done - couldn't pass it up. I took it home and used it that night to cut down some ply and it is SO much nicer than my old 11 amp Crapsman circular saw. The sad part about Sears is that the guy helping me said he knew before he went to check that there would be no case or dust port because their district manager came in and noticed the storage shelves full of boxes/cases for floor models and ordered them compacted/discarded - the sales rep said it was a very sad sight, and apparently no one was permitted to take any for themselves if they so desired.

Nonetheless, I would advise checking your local Sears if anyone else needs a good circular saw at a bargain price and don't be afraid to haggle with store management.

Comment

• mater
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • SC, USA.

I bought this saw PC 347K at Home Depot today for $59.09 in a case that had never been opened. It was on clearance for 65.66 and I got a 10% discount. I got the last one but maybe there are still some at other Home Depots.
        Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

Working...