Thread: Biscuit shaped hinges

Biscuit shaped hinges

Was watching Norm this past weekend. I think he was making the tall linen press, and he used some hinges on the doors that fit into a biscuit groove.

Pretty neat. I looked at their site, and they mentioned they were from lamello.com

http://www.lamello.com/en/products/w...stem-plus.html

It is #8 on that page.

Interesting concept.

That is an interesting concept if you want to use leaf type hinges. That biscuit cutter is expensive. The mortises could likely be cut with an ordinary biscuit joiner with some careful setup.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinetman View Post
    That is an interesting concept if you want to use leaf type hinges. That biscuit cutter is expensive. The mortises could likely be cut with an ordinary biscuit joiner with some careful setup.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I didn't think Norm used a Lamello biscuit joiner. Looked like PC to me.

4. Nah, it was a lamello. I caught the end of the show when he was doing it and commented to my dad that Norm was using a ~$700 biscuit cutter.

yeah, norm mostly uses a Lamello, though I'm sure he also has a PC sitting around somewhere. I would think Cabinetman is correct, the hinges are likely a standard biscuit size.
    Keith Z. Leonard
    Go Steelers!

What I've noticed is that Nahm uses a Lamello in earlier episodes, but has used a P-C the past few seasons. Until this year's retreads, that is...

g.
    "Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Thread Information