• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Does anyone have a Rocker router table?

I picked up the Freud FT2200 the previous go round, and recently found the Rockler plate for it at a damaged freight (not friend LOL) store. The table he is using is an old Woodhaven with a plastic (lexan?) plate, but the size is too close to the current plate (doesn't have the screw locking holes). I was wondering everyones opinion of Rocklers router table?

My other option that came to me while typing this, is to screw some blocks to the underside of the table, with T nuts and levelers for the plate.

Give me idea's and opinions.

Thanks
    Last edited by LinuxRandal; 08-22-2009, 11:40 AM. Reason: EDIT, due to damaged friend store.....
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I have the Rockler "bargain" router table top kit, the one they sell for about $150, which includes the melamine top w/miter channel, the mounting plate, and the the adjustable fence. I've since added a few accessories like the dust pickup, and three-piece feather board kit.

I use the Ridgid R2900 router with it and have made my own knock-down leg stand to support the table top.

I've had it about a year and a half and have been very pleased with it.

Since I bought the table top, Rockler has re-designed it and now offers tops in three levels, including the original melamine, but also a plastic laminate top and a phenolic top. The fence has also been redesigned and the mounting plates are now a bit larger.

I hope this helps,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I don't see any follow up on this subject, but thought I'd post a picture of my Rockler table top mount on my own knock-down leg set. So far I have no complaints about the table as it handles my needs just fine.

I should mention that a check in my latest Rockler catalog (August 09) no longer offers the "melamine" table that I have. The new tables start with a laminated MDF top ($199) and goes to a solid phenolic table and then the cast iron table.

In any case, here a picture of my meager setup:

Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Ended up with the High pressure laminate top. He put it on some iron U channel that he was using as legs for something else. He came up with some sort of push button for locking the collet.

I am TRYING to get to sleep, with no real luck. Been having to go in on my days off. Went in early this morning due to a plumbing emergency. Took a long nap this afternoon.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...