Audio question. Stereo or Surround sound.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Charlie
    I hung around with some audiophiles and ended up buying probably more then I would of bought. One guy I knew had a Sota turntable with a McIntosh 2100 amp and a C28 preamp. I had a small Eico stereo tube amp that Heart was amazeing on. Now I have a Adcom GFA-555 amp with a Adcom preamp /tuner, an Ariston RD40 three point suspension turntable with an Infinity Black Widow carbon fiber tonearm, and a pair of JBL L110 speakers. But I have to say that a few years ago I bought a Altec Lansing powered sub and satelite system for the computer, and it boogies right up there with the home system. Slap in the Joe Cocker.
    FYI moment: Brian Gumpper from Holbren was into high end audio some years back. He had some involvement with the GFA-555....sales rep, engineer, ?...can't recall.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• knotley
      Established Member
      • Apr 2003
      • Canada.

I often read up on Audio topics here:

Home theater AV receiver, speaker, HDTV, television, projector and Blu-ray player reviews, buying guides, and high end audio and consumer electronics news

this may help as well:

Shopping for home theater gear is not easy in a market flooded with subpar products. Let our product comparisons and shopping guides ensure you never feel buyers' remorse.

Comment

• Charlie
        Banned
        • Jul 2009

Deleted by me.
        Last edited by Charlie; 10-24-2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Charlie
          I don't know anything about a Brian Gumpper, but didn't David Hafler have something to do with the Adcom amps ? He was in on Dynaco too right ?
          Not sure...DH designed the Hafler amps though....Ironically I owned a Hafler DH500, then ended up with two Dynaco 70's modified as mono blocks.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...