• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Clock repair, what to look for and ask?

Has anyone had a clock repaired? What do I need to look for and ask, to avoid someone that will just rip the thing up?

We have a Vostok 8 day clock (Russian submarine clock) that was a gift from a late friend with ALS. Last week it stopped running.

YEARS back (decades actually) my mother had my great grandmothers clock repaired, and they said it needed occasional oiling, or it would dry out/crud up. Now that fellow is long dead, and I don't know who I need to look for to get this thing repaired.

Thanks
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • LJR
    Established Member
    • Jan 2005

My wife and I have quite a few antique clocks and have been through the experience of finding someone to work on them. My wife ended up taking a class offered by the local NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) chapter and now does the simple repairs on our clocks herself. I would suggest that the local Heart of America NAWCC chapter is a great place to find good people and good repair service. To contact them try Harry Firth at hwfirth@gmail.com or Wayne Andrews at wayne.andrews@att.net . They can surely steer you to someone in the Kansas City clock "club" that can help you out.

Comment

Working...