X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Here is my new router table design.

It's made to fit between the extended rails of the saw. I may recess the base in a couple inches to accommodate the rail fasteners that would secure it to the saw. The top is about four feet long and just under two feet wide. The extended length gives me plenty of room to run a rail sled, or any other jig. I'll use my Rockler fence primarily, but I can also use the saw fence, or clamp a very long one on for extreme circumstances. I have room for a good number of bits, a sled, accessories and perhaps a base or two. Dust extraction for the router is under that drawer on the left side, I think positioning it on the side will give me better access to it, with my bench butted up against the back.

I'll also have a spot on the left side of the saw for another router. This router table will be able to function independently from the saw should I need either to work outside the shop.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• worcmedic
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2012
      • Central Massachusetts

Sweet! A good looking design too.

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

As you can tell, I'm in a thread bumping mood this morning. It's really funny looking at those renderings from 18 months ago. So much has changed since then. The fact that my layout and plan changed shouldn't be too much of a surprise, since I seem to do that daily.

I realize now that in a shop my size, even if you choose to do big storage units you need to build them in pieces. I build a rather large storage unit but couldn't reuse the one part I wanted to keep because it wasn't modular.

That router table never made it past the concept phase.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

Working...