• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

While there may be a differentiation between polls and surveys, for the purposes of this thread, the subject is clearly seeking a preference, which equates to the preferences in percentages of those taking the poll.

If a greater percentage prefers to be anonymous, that information satisfies the poll. Like it's been stated, if a member wishes to expand the direction of the poll, or offer insight not included in the options, that can be done in a reply.

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by sweensdv
      When I opened this thread there were 69 views and only six people voted. That about says it all.
      Uh...i looked at it 62 times before i voted.

earl

Comment

• greenacres2
        • Dec 2011
        • La Porte, IN
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by cwsmith
        Here, I thought our votes were anonymous. But I also think that on a forum such as this where there is a special friendship of sorts, that if one cast a vote, it was quite customary to then post your point of view, reason, etc.

CWS
        +1 on that. Sometimes i just vote, other times i take a minute to explain.

I voted Yes on this one--as has been mentioned, i think anonymous tends to allow folks to be more honest in their view. Personally, if i'm gonna vote, it will be the same vote whether anonymous or fully identified.

earl

Comment

Working...