• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Much the same, a week without a trim and its tall enough for the county to get involved!
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by jking
      I think dealers for items like this recognize they must provide top notch service. They might lose a sale to a big box store because of lower price, but, if they provide the service, people might think twice the next time. If nothing else, they might gain regular service work.
      Service and future sales are the key. They are a Toro dealer, and only sell new Toro's, but service any brand. They are also dealers for a few major chainsaw brands. They've been in business for 60 years, so they must be doing something right.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Good for Toro!

UPS can be weird. I checked my amazon/UPS delivery, both Amazon and UPS said the package was left at my front door at 11:20 AM. My wife was home all day.
        I checked the internet when I got home. But no package outside nor did my wife hear the doorbell.

I consider filing a report but decide to wait a while.

About 7:30 the doorbell rings and a neighbor with an address 12 numbers larger down the street (would be 3 houses) says she tripped over this box at her doorstoop. Looks like it should be for me she says, based on the name and address on it.

Funny thing, I had filed for SMS Text message when it was delivered and I never got one.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Good for Toro!

UPS can be weird. I checked my amazon/UPS delivery, both Amazon and UPS said the package was left at my front door at 11:20 AM. My wife was home all day.
          I checked the internet when I got home. But no package outside nor did my wife hear the doorbell.

I consider filing a report but decide to wait a while.

About 7:30 the doorbell rings and a neighbor with an address 12 numbers larger down the street (would be 3 houses) says she tripped over this box at her doorstoop. Looks like it should be for me she says, based on the name and address on it.

Funny thing, I had filed for SMS Text message when it was delivered and I never got one.
          You're fortunate to have honest neighbors.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

it's not just UPS, I more frequently (possibly because i get more mail items than UPS deliveries) have USPS mail and packages misdelivered. I often get mail that and packages in my postal locker that belong to a house on the adjacent street with the same number. And they get mine. Once in a long while I get something for right street but wrong number. If its a package or important first class mail item I will personally deliver it but it its junk mail I just write "misdelivered to [my number] and drop it back in the mail box.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

That happens to me too. Some to my house number but another street, or another street and my house number. I too will hand deliver if nearby, but most times I'll just remail the item.

Comment

• atgcpaul
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2003
                • Maryland
                • Grizzly 1023SLX

Our house and the house across the street have the same house number. We're at an intersection and our front door faces one street while their door faces the cross street. Never had a mis-delivered package but it has confused party guests, pizza delivery people, and an insurance adjuster--the one person who I would expect should know.

Comment

• cabinetman
                  • Jun 2006
                  • So. Florida
                  • Delta

Originally posted by atgcpaul
                  Our house and the house across the street have the same house number. We're at an intersection and our front door faces one street while their door faces the cross street. Never had a mis-delivered package but it has confused party guests, pizza delivery people, and an insurance adjuster--the one person who I would expect should know.
                  Your street's name or number was different wasn't it?

Comment

• cabinetman
                    • Jun 2006
                    • So. Florida
                    • Delta

Back to the lawn mower. Got it back from the warranty work, and charged it up overnight. Starts like a dream...no more cord pulling. I'm glad I got rear wheel drive, as it's supposed to make turns easier. All shiny and charged up.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	toro1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	786512

Comment

• JimD
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2003
                      • Lexington, SC.

Congratulations. Mine doesn't have electric start but it's the nicest mower I have used. I really like the personal pace self propelled design and the way it chops up the cuttings so you don't always have to bag.

Jim

Comment

• BigguyZ
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2006
                        • Minneapolis, MN
                        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Nice! I'm jealous. We just had a snow storm on Thursday, and we still have snow on the ground. I'm a few weeks away from even worrying about my mower....

Comment

Working...