• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

I have seen plenty of surveillance videos where the thieves will back up and put a chain on the door and just yank it right out. No locks will stop that kind of dedication and determination. If they would use the same gusto locating or keeping a job, they could buy their own stuff.
    Lee

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by Stytooner
      I have seen plenty of surveillance videos where the thieves will back up and put a chain on the door and just yank it right out. No locks will stop that kind of dedication and determination. If they would use the same gusto locating or keeping a job, they could buy their own stuff.
      Or, just back a vehicle (likely stolen) into the door. That's a common way in this area that thieves access bay doors.

Comment

• Skaning
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2010

Kind of depends on what you arre trying to keep out and what you are trying to keep in.

The reality is that for a well equipped thief a padlock won't slow them down much. Battery powered angle grinders are available, Ryobi makes a relatively inexpensive one. With a cut-off wheel, they make short work of any lock hasp that I know of, as well as chains and cables. A shroud over the lock to restrict access to a hand and a key forces any break in to going after structure and most thieves move on unless they know you have high value inside.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
          Veteran Member
          • May 2003
          • Nanuet, NY, USA.
          • BT3100

I kind of lean towards a 24/7 guy with a 12 ga.

Bruce
          "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
          Samuel Colt did"

Comment

Working...