Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Another Email Scam

This is a new one...sorta different.
    =======================================

Hello
    I'm John smith, 52yrs, and a father of 2 wonderful kids, a successful entrepreneur and investor. I'm also a research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the USA working on various independent projects ( Artwork ), this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.
    I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business in Australia , so there will be no interview.I will be back by the end of July . I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mails/packages you are required to mail them to addresses that I will send you, and don't worry, all expenses and taxes will be covered by me. I will be paying you $300 weekly($1,200 monthly). I need your service because I am constantly out of town.If you don't mind I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.
    I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready,no heavy packages is involved. I will provide you my UPS account number for shipping. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need to be done as well as the funds to cover them. I will mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service.
    This position is home-based and flexible part time job,you can be in any location you will be working from your home doing all the activities.All you need do is to check your emails twice daily and keep your phone on most times in case I might need to call you from anywhere I may be.I do have a number of things you could help me with next week if you will be available to start.This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.
    For proper review(since i am not available now to set up a face-to-face interview) supply out correctly the information below for upfront payment by check:
    Â
    Full Name:
    Full Address:
    P.O.BOX:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number:
    Email:
    Salary: $300 weekly($1,200 monthly)
    Also,there will be compensation for efficiency and hard working.

• gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

Wonder what's in those packages???

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Dude, You got a job!
      Congradulations! I wish everyone could get employment that easy.
      Now, how are you going to keep your money? and how are you going to stay out of jail for mail fraud?

capncarl

Comment

• cabinetman
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by capncarl
        Dude, You got a job!
        Congradulations! I wish everyone could get employment that easy.

capncarl

If you're interested, I'll PM you the email address.

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

What's in the packages? It is all the data collected by the former NAS employee and his pole dancing girl friend. Now we know where he took off to after leaving Hong Kong. I got an email yesterday asking me to verify my American Express Account information. Want to know the same info. so I forwarded it the county high tech taskforce.

It will be interesting to find out how much info the guy really had access to. His 15 minuets of fame may get him 15 years in Levenworth

Tom
          Last edited by TB Roye; 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• cabinetman
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Originally posted by TB Roye

It will be interesting to find out how much info the guy really had access to. His 15 minuets of fame may get him 15 years in Levenworth

Tom
            Another employer bites the dust.

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

I wonder what John smith, age 52's angle is? If he is providing all the money up front there does not seem to be much financial scam, unless it is bait and later on there is not enough $$$ and you use some of yours?

Or is it using you as the mule to pick up packages of drugs and re-route them?

One scam on tv was having packages of drugs delivered to houses that no one was home and the pick up man would run grab them off the front porch before the owners got home from work.

capncarl

Comment

• cabinetman
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by capncarl
                I wonder what John smith, age 52's angle is? If he is providing all the money up front there does not seem to be much financial scam, unless it is bait and later on there is not enough $$$ and you use some of yours?

Or is it using you as the mule to pick up packages of drugs and re-route them?

One scam on tv was having packages of drugs delivered to houses that no one was home and the pick up man would run grab them off the front porch before the owners got home from work.

capncarl
                No telling what the ultimate gig is. It starts off with his wanting all personal information. Even with that, an internet search can be done for more.

Comment

• capncarl
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Leesburg Georgia USA
                  • SawStop CTS

It does not look like John smith, age 52 is asking for any info that could not be easily and legally obtained. I'd suspect the drug mule route, and it would come with threats that if you did not comply you die. Not a good employer.

Don't recking it was really Edward Snowden or one of his buddies at Booz Allen Haminton?

capncarl

Comment

• BobSch
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                    • BT3100

Any business offer that uses poor English is almost always a scam. Or at least a business who isn't getting my business.
                    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Working...