Got A Favorite Theme Park/Ride/Roller Coaster?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Got A Favorite Theme Park/Ride/Roller Coaster?

My last one was at Busch Gardens, Tampa. Some great rides there.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	c9f85835022b4090b0623a60bb071ac6_optimized_sheikra1_460x345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	798376
    Click image for larger version

Name:	d99af02f81d84a65a93ea61b34780646_scorpion460x345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	798377

• atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I grew up in NJ so Six Flags Great Adventure and the Jersey shore were my go-to places. At Six Flags, it was the Great American scream Machine. I hear it was replaced, though.

I also love log flume rides especially when it's hot out.

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Blue Streak at Cedar Point in Sandusky OH. Been several years, but that one is steeped in tradition.
      earl

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

nice pic of Montu @ BG, Tampa. my kids conned me onto it 6 years ago. they really looked disappointed when i didn't faint as i got off.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Here is the one in the Nagoya/Toyota area of Japan I liked and rode numerous times:

Looking for statistics on the fastest, tallest or longest roller coasters? Find it all and much more with the interactive Roller Coaster Database.

Looking for statistics on the fastest, tallest or longest roller coasters? Find it all and much more with the interactive Roller Coaster Database.

Steel Dragon 2000
          "If you’re not afraid of heights, this one is for you! When it opened in 2000—the Year of the Dragon—this was the world’s tallest (97 m) and fastest (153.26 km/h) complete-circuit roller coaster, and it still holds the record for the longest track length at 2,478.99 m.

As a little trivia, the building of Steel Dragon 2000 required far more steel than other coasters for earthquake protection. This put the cost of the coaster at over $50 million and effectively put Morgan Manufacturing, who built the ride, out of business."

It takes about 90 seconds to reach the first crest and just about another 90 seconds to complete the ride.
          Last edited by leehljp; 06-14-2013, 09:01 AM.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cabinetman
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Originally posted by leehljp
            Here is the one in the Nagoya/Toyota area of Japan I liked and rode numerous times:

Steel Dragon 2000
            "If you’re not afraid of heights, this one is for you! When it opened in 2000—the Year of the Dragon—this was the world’s tallest (97 m) and fastest (153.26 km/h) complete-circuit roller coaster, and it still holds the record for the longest track length at 2,478.99 m.

As a little trivia, the building of Steel Dragon 2000 required far more steel than other coasters for earthquake protection. This put the cost of the coaster at over $50 million and effectively put Morgan Manufacturing, who built the ride, out of business."

It takes about 90 seconds to reach the first crest and just about another 90 seconds to complete the ride.
            Not an after lunch ride.

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

The Nagashima Spa Land park has another rollercoaster which is wooden> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Cyclone

That rollercoaster has a sign that warns anyone over 54 not to ride it. the first time I rode it, I pretended that I couldn't read Japanese, so I just went ahead. It wasn't as thrilling as the Steel Dragon but it was a LOT more shaky! The "54" age limit, I quickly learned, was not a warning against "heart" problems but simply AGE problems. It is NOT for people with bad backs, sore muscles or acky joints! Kinda felt like being in a tumble dryer!
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cabinetman
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by leehljp
                The Nagashima Spa Land park has another rollercoaster which is wooden> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Cyclone

That rollercoaster has a sign that warns anyone over 54 not to ride it. the first time I rode it, I pretended that I couldn't read Japanese, so I just went ahead. It wasn't as thrilling as the Steel Dragon but it was a LOT more shaky! The "54" age limit, I quickly learned, was not a warning against "heart" problems but simply AGE problems. It is NOT for people with bad backs, sore muscles or acky joints! Kinda felt like being in a tumble dryer!
                While I've never been in a tumble dryer, I'll have to imagine.

Comment

• BobSch
                  • Aug 2004
                  • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                  • BT3100

Excelsior Amusement Park. Right on the lake, with the best wooden coaster.

Unfortunately, it's been gone since the '70s. Sigh.
                  Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• JoeyGee
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

Originally posted by greenacres2
                    Blue Streak at Cedar Point in Sandusky OH. Been several years, but that one is steeped in tradition.
                    earl
                    You could probably fill this thread just with Cedar Point rides.

My favorite ride of all, though, has to be the Rockin' Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith at Disney Hollywood Studios.
                    Joe

Comment

Working...