• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

We Won A Lot Of Money

Wife and I were watching a game show on TV called Chain Reaction. Has anyone seen it? Anyway it's a very stimulating game, and really makes you think. It's done very well. A game description from the show...To complete chains of words after the first and last words of the chain are revealed. Each word in the chain relates in some way to the word directly above and/or below it.

So the contestants have a choice of guessing the word under the top word or over the bottom word by the adding of a letter at a time. The new words are connected in some way to the other. When all the words have been guessed, the vertical line of words flow in meaning from top to bottom.

It took a few tries to figure out what was going on, but my wife and I knocked them out of the park. As for how much money we won, I can't really remember, but it was in the thousands. Will we get a check...no we won't. We were just playing at home.

• herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

Reminds me of my father. He used to say 'I almost got a Cadillac today!
    I asked the dealer if he would give me one for free and he said 'no'.
    I was THIS close!
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• RAFlorida
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
      • Ryobi BT3000

Both you guys deserve

an award. For that reason I'm sending both of you a check for $10,000. The checks in the mail.
      (I am totally joking; don't take me for real!!! lol)

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I'd have a lot of Jeopardy money by playing at home, along with most of Ben Stein's money.

Then, of course I'd lose it all on who wants to be a millionaire.
        Chr's

Comment

Working...