X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daryl
    • May 2004

Busy being busy

I don't see a vehicle in the garage or drive, he must of sent his wife off for more Simpson brackets.

Showing some of the Home Depot projects done around my home including the beginning of a more ambitious project a real airplane. When complete the wingspan w...
    Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

While the man is great with tools and his ideas, I have serious doubts as to the safety of the plane. The mechanical parts of the controls will never stand up the rigors of flight, they simply are not strong enough. I have to give the guy credit for what he is trying to do, just don't think it practical.

Tom
    Last edited by TB Roye; 09-29-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I don't know, sounds a bit like he has some good ideas but I'm not sure if he is on the right path, or for that matter if he's familiar with FAA requirements. (I'm NOT, but at one time long ago, I used to be fairly so.)

I'm questioning his construction and hardware methods and selection and whether any or all of it would meet an airframe inspection. The hardware looks much too amaturish to me. And if he's only at the point of partially constructing a wing, he's got an awful long ways to go.

I suspect he's also facing some serious weight and structural problems from what see so far. But, then again, my airframe experience is significantly old.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• gsmittle
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • St. Louis, MO, USA.
        • BT 3100

I watched the video with the sound off, so I may be way off base here. Perhaps what he's building is not intended to fly, just look cool in the back yard with all the other "stuff."

g.
        Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
        Bill & Ted

Comment

• phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I see a book coming: Building Airplanes for Dummies.
          Richard

Comment

Working...