X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardsterling
    Handtools only
    • Apr 2015

Bt3100 13 amp motor brushes

I've been trying to find brushes for the BT3100 with 13 amp motor. Are there other brushes that will work? Or can modifications be made to get the 15 amp brushes to fit. I mistakenly ordered a pair for the 15 amp version.

Been trying to search the forums but keep running into dead links.

Thanks for any direction.
  • Daryl
    • May 2004

If all the dimensions are the same or bigger it is easy to use sandpaper to get them to fit.
    Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I hear the best way to handle this is to buy some carbon brush set from ACE hardware which has many to choose from, that most closely matches the old set. Then do some basic woodworking on the carbon blocks to make it match. saw, file, sand etc.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cork58
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Wasilla, AK, USA.
        • BT3000

Try this, I do believe they will slip right in.

Buy the official Ryobi Bt3000sxi Brush Assembly 4540007 replacement - Use our model diagrams, repair help, and video tutorials to help get the job done.

Dan
        Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• richardsterling
          Handtools only
          • Apr 2015

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. I struck out at my local ACE. I have reshaped the 15 amp brush to where it will fit in the sleeve but the spring is too wide to fit.

Decided to look at brushes in my other tools and discovered the old 1 HP Craftsman router that was sitting around has nearly identical brushes. Just have to bend the connector tab over and it slides right in.

Hopefully I can get this saw reassembled. I thought I had other wiring issues and had taken the whole motor assembly apart.

Comment

• memee1940
            Handtools only
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by richardsterling
            I've been trying to find brushes for the BT3100 with 13 amp motor. Are there other brushes that will work? Or can modifications be made to get the 15 amp brushes to fit. I mistakenly ordered a pair for the 15 amp version.

Been trying to search the forums but keep running into dead links.

Thanks for any direction.
            I have the same problem. Has anyone a solution?

Comment

• All Thumbs
              Established Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Penn Hills, PA
              • BT3K/Saw-Stop

Originally posted by memee1940
              I have the same problem. Has anyone a solution?
              Post pictures of the old brushes. Especially the cap side.

Comment

• memee1940
                Handtools only
                • Apr 2015

Mine is fixed (for now). The problem with mine was the wire was pulled out from the graphite block. Being a native Arky and world-class "Ozark Engineer", read "Redneck Rigger", I compressed the spring with a piece of masking tape with a hole for the wire to stick through. I then inserted it in the hole in the block and secured it with a drop of the handyman's liquid companion to duct tape: Gorilla glue! 2 hours later I reassembled the saw and listen to it purr.

All Thumbs;
                Thanks, but it was already assembled when I read your post. If it fails again I will post pix of the brushes.
                Thanks again
                David

Comment

• richardsterling
                  Handtools only
                  • Apr 2015

Got mine working again too. The Craftsman router brushes worked just fine.

Black Walnut's shim replacement guide came in handy getting the motor assembly put back together.

Comment

• memee1940
                    Handtools only
                    • Apr 2015

Richardsterling;

Could you post the model number of the router in case mine goes south again and for all those still struggling with the problem.

David

Comment

• richardsterling
                      Handtools only
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by memee1940
                      Richardsterling;

Could you post the model number of the router in case mine goes south again and for all those still struggling with the problem.

David
                      Sure. It's an old 1 horsepower. Model 315.17460. They use a push on connection. I just bent that tab over and it was a perfect fit. I'll never get that router to work again. Springs flew everywhere when I took the top off. It's so old I don't know if you can buy brushes for it anymore. I haven't looked yet.

Comment

• wardprobst
                        • Jan 2006
                        • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
                        • Craftsman 22811

I saw 13 amp brushes on Ebay recently, search for BT3000 and a bunch of stuff comes up. I haven't been able to locate Komatoast but he had some nifty products and was a member at one time.
                        DP
                        www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• djinco
                          Handtools only
                          • Sep 2016
                          • olathe, co
                          • ryobi bt3000, delta 34-670

I've been looking for some brushes for my 13 amp bt3000. Called Ryobi and found them discontinued and none available. Same w/Sears. Sears router brushes mentioned in previous post also not available from sears. Measured the old brushes from my machine to be 0.334" x 0.503" and found a possible source of similar brushes from Eurton Electric, Whittier, CA (eurtonelectric.com) (800)423-4789. They have two part #'s that may work in their section motor brushes w/spring shunt & eared cap. I am going to try part # 1110390 which is a carbon brush 0.34" x 0.49" x 0.64" long w/ a 1.2" wire shunt, currenty $12.77 each + shipping. Of course I will have to cut the groove in the side of the brush to go into the brush holder or bend the ear out of the way and may have to shorten brush length. Hope this helps someone else in dire straights
                          Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-22-2016, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...