• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Question

A friend of mine bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 for her husband to read books. He hates it and she decided to use it herself. (He's in his 80's and she's in her 70's.) She asked me to show her how to do several things on the device. I told her I had never even used one. So she asked me to take it home, learn it, and then show her how to use it.

I've learned a lot but one thing is puzzling me: How do you move files from the Micro SD chip into the device's internal memory? Is it even possible?

Specifically, I'm trying to move music from the chip into the memory of the tablet. I can play the music from the chip but have not been able to move it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by phrog; 05-24-2015, 09:22 AM.
    Richard
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

For the Tab 3, but should be very similar. At worst, you may need a file organizer/viewer app from the Play Store.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• RAFlorida
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
      • Ryobi BT3000

Not familiar with the Tab 4. But as Cochese posted, see if you can reverse the info in his link. Experiment with that information and see if that'll help.
      Wish there was more info on the Tab 4, but google listed only the 3 and earlier.

Comment

• d_meister
        Established Member
        • Feb 2009
        • La Conner, WA.
        • BT3000

The easiest way is to plug it into a computer and open a window for each, then drag and drop stuff around. The big question is why you would want to move files TO the device memory. Generally, the idea is to keep the device memory lean and mean and stuff data onto an sd card. It is much more versatile for managing files, since it can be unmounted, plugged into a computer, and managed with the familiar keyboard/mouse environment
        Device memory gets filled up way too fast with pictures and other local files. Most ereader apps import a book into their own directory that is usually on the device memory, so that just gets bigger. Probably the one most asked question in Android is "How do I move apps to the sd card?"
        I use Moon Reader for ebooks, and I read up to 6 hours every night. It's the best and leaves files where it finds them. I have a 128 GB sd card in my Toshiba tablet, and it has over 70GB of music. I use MixZing Premium for music and it finds all the music and video on the device and sd card and I can do anything I want with it, e.g. playlists, sort by genre, display order, etc. Both are well worth the very few bucks for the no-advert/full featured versions. My Moon reader syncs between my tablet and phone, so if I'm stuck waiting somewhere, I can read from the page I left off on my tablet.

Comment

• JoeyGee
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • Sylvania, OH, USA.
          • BT3100-1

I use ES File Explorer to manage files on all my Android devices. Get it from the Play store. Free and very simple to use.

I agree, though, I would leave the music on the card.
          Joe

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Thanks to all who responded.
            Cochese: I looked at the link you provided and was able to figure it out from there.
            d_meister: Thanks for the info. I hadn't really thought about most of the points you made because I was just experimenting. But I think your points were all good ones. My Moon sounds like a good program.
            REFlorida: I found, as you did, there's isn't a great deal of info on the Tab 4.
            JoeyGee: I will look into ES File Explorer. Thanks for the advice.
            Richard

Comment

Working...