X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Disgruntled employee?

I was explaining to someone on another forum what I use for lung protection, and I went to Amazon to provide a link.

I noticed the poor review, and was concerned. Then I decided to look at this person's other reviews.

If only there was some theme here that could tie them all together...
    I have a little blog about my shop
  • Daryl
    • May 2004

Somebody doesn't like 3M. I think you have to make the purchase in order to review, so I wonder why he kept buying what he knew he wouldn't like.
    Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I sure wish Amazon had a mechanism for reporting obvious fraud reviews...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• BigguyZ
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Wow. You know, when I've read about companies suing people for slander when posting false reviews, I thought "how stupid and needless". Now I'm thinking maybe there are times it's warranted...

But I will say this. HIS USE OF ALL CAPS AND PROPER GRAMMAR REALLY HELPS SELL HIS POINT. I MEAN, DON'T I SOUND/ READ MORE CONVINCING NOW?

Comment

• Cochese
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Daryl
          Somebody doesn't like 3M. I think you have to make the purchase in order to review, so I wonder why he kept buying what he knew he wouldn't like.
          Not with Amazon. If you've purchased through them and make the review under the same name, you get a little 'Amazon Verified Purchase' tag at the top of your review. Otherwise, I could go and review anything they sell on their site.
          I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• Mildoc
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2011
            • Copperas Cove TX
            • BT

Sounds like a TROLL to me. Thanks for the heads up.
            We all have to go sometime, just not yet!

Comment

• RAFlorida
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2008
              • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
              • Ryobi BT3000

Man, FIVE pages of ranting by

that individual! What an idiot. Giving a warning in a post is fine and good, but all those that he/she posted is beyond reasoning. I think Amazon should consult him or her.

Comment

• gerti
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2003
                • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
                • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Originally posted by dbhost
                I sure wish Amazon had a mechanism for reporting obvious fraud reviews...
                They do! Click the "NO" after the "Was this review helpful to you". The text will show "If this review is inappropriate, please let us know." Click on "let us know" and confirm.

Just had to do this with a person who gave my wife's book along with a dozen others identical 1-star reviews where the text had nothing to do with the books.

Eventually the review disappeared.

Comment

• rcp612
                  Established Member
                  • May 2005
                  • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
                  • Bosch 4100-09

First thing I noticed besides the fact that all reviews were worded the same is that all reviews were dated August 4th.
                  Makes you wonder just who the people are that cliked that his post was helpful.
                  Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

• jseklund
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2006

lol- I think this guy must actually LOVE 3M products. It seems to be what he uses exclusively.

I like how he states that he had to go to the hospital 3X, and then blames every 3M product for him going to the hospital. And, even better, is that after one of these products sent him to the hospital, he used it again until he had to go back, and then again until he had to go a third time. This guy loves 3M to the point that he kept going back and refrained from writing a bad review until the third trip to the ER - then he'd finally had enough.

Even after all this, he left his fiberglass air filters in his house until THOSE caused lung problems.

This guy clearly has been injured severely by 3M. A brand he trusted and loved, and now he has lung damage from his loyalty. He probably can no longer hold employment because he only has one lung. 3M is clearly to blame - we have the 25X microscopic photographs to prove it.
                    F#$@ no good piece of S#$% piece of #$@#% #@$#% #$@#$ wood! Dang. - Me woodworking

Comment

Working...