X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

I've used Ridge carbide blade sharpening a couple times and been happy with the result.

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Best service and lowest price on circular saw blade sharpening of circular and table saw blades and router bits. Our new CNC saw blade sharpener / grinder gives your steel, carbon, and carbide tipped saw blades the sharpest edge.

Dynamic Saw is also highly recommended over at Woodnet. I just checked out their prices and they are VERY competitive. I sent them an e-mail this morning at 7am and received a reply at 7:45am.

I will be sending them my Forrest WWII as well as some spiral router bits. I think I have another blade to sharpen but that WWII has been doing all the heavy lifting in my shop for at least 3 years.

You ship them your blades, you call with your CC number, they sharpen and ship back your blades in about a week. You pay return shipping but you can also include a prepaid shipping label for return.

Comment

• lrr
        Established Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Fort Collins, Colorado
        • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by JimD

I cut 4x4s on my old 10 inch CMS. It leaves a sliver but a handsaw takes care of that pretty quick.
        JimD,

Try spacing the 4X4s out from the fence a bit. We have a Craftsman 10" CMS at work, and it would cut all but a small triangular area. (The limiting factor was the blade washers, which would bottom out on the top of the 4X4.) By moving the 4X4 out between 1/2" and 3/4" with a spacer along the fence, it just barely got it cut all the way thru. This only worked on 90s. Any 45 miter cuts still needed a little trimming with a handsaw.
        Lee

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by JimD
          .... I noticed some blades on sale at Lowe's yesterday, I think they were DeWalt. I've had good luck with their stuff so I also might go that way.
          It's worth noting that DW has a cheaper "Construction" series that's not overly suitable for fine woodworking, and a very good "Precision Trim" series made in the USA that's more along the lines of the Freud Diablo and CMT ITK Plus series....I'd definitely recommend the PT series over the Construction series.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Ruben
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2013
            • Middletown NY
            • Ryobi

the IRWIN 3-Pack Marathon 10-in Circular Saw Blade is also on sale at Lowes for $25. I dont know how good those are, but for that price I was tempted to give them a try.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	blades.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	786678

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Ruben
              the IRWIN 3-Pack Marathon 10-in Circular Saw Blade is also on sale at Lowes for $25. I dont know how good those are, but for that price I was tempted to give them a try.
              I do really like their 7 1/4" circular saw blades but I just don't need more blades.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Funny, in 2005 I did a pictorial comparison of the Forrest WWII and the Irwin Marathon 40T, and the WWII vs the original Freud/Ryobi 36T blade. I just replaced the lost pictures.

The thread is very apropo to this thread's latest direction.

Here it is:

This forum is for discussions about any and all power tools. Whether you are looking to buy a new tool or you have a question about the usage of a tool, this is the place to be!

and I copied the pics here too (click on them to see larger):

Look at the size of the dang carbide tips in comparison!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-04-2013, 10:56 PM.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Knottscott
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Rochester, NY.
                  • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Ruben
                  [ATTACH]19252[/ATTACH]
                  The Irwin Marathon is pretty much a construction caliber disposable blade....softer carbide, smaller teeth, made to a lesser standard, etc. IMHO you're far better off buying one decent blade for close to the same $25....Irwin Marples, Freud Diablo, CMT ITK Plus, DeWalt Precision Trim, Oshlun, Avenger, and many good closeouts are typically pretty close to the cost of a 3 pack of cheaper blades. They'll last longer, perform better, have a better manufacturing process, better materials, and are worth having sharpened when the time comes. I love that pic Loring posted....it speaks volumes.

Current saw blade bargains
                  Last edited by Knottscott; 12-05-2013, 05:22 AM.
                  Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...