• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian G
    • Jun 2003
    • Bloomington, Minnesota.
    • G0899

Originally posted by cwsmith
    Has anyone ever tried to locate the belt manufacturer? I tried without any luck, but thought perhaps I just didn't have the wherewithall..

The ID on my belts is "Bando 106H NJ".
    I did just now.

Bando USA

I didn't find 106H in the product catalog, but I found a PDF spec sheet from transtech.se for a Bando made belt that matches the 106H:
    Polyurethanve v-belt H series PDF.

I suppose if we BT3X00 owners ever became desperate or destitute, we could contact Bando.
    Last edited by Brian G; 12-22-2012, 09:39 AM.
    Brian

Comment

• John Hunter
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Lake Station, IN, USA.
      • BT3000 & BT3100

I just recieved another set of belts! The original order that I cancelled! In big bold print on the invoice it states there is a 20% restocking fee on anything returned! I am getting really PO'ed with Gardner. Will call them after the holidays. Nothing like that on the invoice from Motown.
      John Hunter

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

I stand behind my original statement Well, since you didn't pay for that set, John, wait and see if they want them back. If they do, they will have to pay shipping for them. I am sure they don't want to go through the whole hassle of doing such, so at that point make them an offer :P But do make sure your credit card is ok! ;-)
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• John Hunter
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Lake Station, IN, USA.
          • BT3000 & BT3100

Already checked online and the charge is on my credit card. I will call them after Chrstmas when I get back from visiting the kids and grandkids. What a PITA. Oh well I won't let it spoil my holidays.
          John Hunter

Comment

• mmcmac
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Brian G
            I didn't find 106H in the product catalog, but I found a PDF spec sheet from transtech.se for a Bando made belt that matches the 106H..
            Don't know if this has already been pointed out, however specs on the belt
            can be found on page #39 here.

I suppose if we BT3X00 owners ever became desperate or destitute, we could contact Bando.
            I've been intermittently looking for an excuse to pick up a bt3000 over the past 2 decades
            or so, and just found one locally for a song. In any case I'd be somewhat surprised a
            106H isn't available from another power transmission component vendor. Even if the 10.6"
            length is rare, it may be possible to use a slightly longer belt in conjunction with an
            additional bearing idler/tensioner.

I haven't pulled the motor off the ways for closer inspection, however I'm wondering if it
            would be feasible to swap (or machine) the current belt shafts to use a more common
            cross section belt set.

Comment

• Black wallnut
              cycling to health
              • Jan 2003
              • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
              • BT3k 1999

Welcome mmcmac. The belts that are used in the BTx saws are short. There is not room for a longer belt and idler pulley without totally re-engineering the saw. Why would someone bother?

I'm fairly sure the rest of the information in this thread as far as parts support options is out of date, thus why I am closing the thread.
              Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...