• Show
Clear All
  • woodturner
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Black wallnut
    Finally down below 230 over the weekend.
    Good job!!

I seem to have "plateaued". I have decreased calories and increased exercise but seem to be "stuck" at more or less my current weight.

Hoping I can get off the plateau soon, but not sure what to do.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

My wife and I go to our second meeting of our Medically supervise weight loss program, sponsored but not paid for by our health insurance, I meet with my Doctor at 5pm for weigh in, blood pressure and a general going over any issues and medication. We will pick up our first weeks supply of meals, which is 4 shakes, 1 soup and 1 bar per day, 980 calories. This will go on for 14 week and the we will start adding healthy food and be weaned off the meal replacement. The total program last 82 week but the cost stops after 20 weeks. Weekly group meeting with weigh in, blood pressure checks and lab work. So some time this summer or early fall I hope to weigh between 145-150 which is only a 45-50 loss. LOML has a much tougher fight as she is addicted to food and Alcohol, wine. We will also be require to drink 3-4 qts of water a day, I don't drink that much a week. There will be grocery shopping trip, cooking classes and a final banquet prepared by our doctors and the staff of the program. I am pre diabetic and the extra weight is too much for this old legs, feet and back and I would like to not have to by XL shirts that are baggy every place but my gut, same with the pants. We have had it all spelled out to us in a binder so no one should be uninformed. I will post a picture and Vitals as we go alnong. God I will miss In-n-out burgers and my wine. The wine I gave up last week but is also required by the program. It was affectng my Acid Reflux condition along with coffee. So we shall see what the future brings, it will be nice not fight my gut when doing projects that require bend or working on the new floor.

Tom

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Best of luck Tom! That is a lot of changing all at once.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

There are 24 of us in the class/group most are over 60 and couple under. Most of us have health problems/issues, one is on Oxygen. Saw my doctor last night before class I am now off my meds for High blood fats and am being weaned off my BP meds. An intesting thing is if you compare my size to the others I am the light weight in the group but I am 50 pounds over what I should be. Had my breakfast shake and on my first of 5 bottles of water for today. All you guys are doing this on your own but i am doing this to also help my wife and to learn how eat healthy. Doesn't mead 6 month from now I can't have a good steak. Lot of logging to do for this class. Let the games begin.

Tom

Comment

• Black wallnut
            cycling to health
            • Jan 2003
            • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
            • BT3k 1999

<227 this morning.

©

Comment

• BigguyZ
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • Minneapolis, MN
              • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I hit a plateau at 370... but I've broken through now. at 363. Lunch today was braised celery and sautéed kale.

I'm sad to say, Kale when cooked is.... good.

I've also been trying to stay away from beer as much as possible. It's going to be really difficult when we get to the summer and grilling months... And while I'm going home for Easter, my brother talked about going to brunch, and all I could think about is "hm, sounds like it'd be a lot of calories".

Putting on weight is so much fun, but taking it off STINKS.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                cycling to health
                • Jan 2003
                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                • BT3k 1999

Congrats BigguyZ! Break-throughs seem to gather momentum! Keep the trend positive.

©

Comment

• twistsol
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                  • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Was down another pound on Friday when I got home from Sacramento, but the girls are home from college for Easter and claimed they were suffering from a meat deficiency due to months of cafeteria food. So Friday night we went to Fogo de Chao. If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, it's basically all you can eat meat, filet mignon, garlic beef, parmesan chicken, pork sausage, leg of lamb ... and the list goes on. Long story short, up almost two pounds this week.
                  Chr's

Comment

• TB Roye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                    • BT3100

Weighed my self this morning, weighed 181.4. Back in Mid March I weighed 192+, Official weight full clothed last wednesday was 189.4. The meal replacement of 980 calories started on Thursday I worked in the yard rototilling a flower be and cutting large roots out as I went then tilled some compost to help break the clay. Saturday was more of the same so I figure I burned the weigh off with what I was doing in the yard.

Today I put on my dress shirt for church and I was able to button the collar button with out help and the shirt fit like it was suppose to, I was able to wear a size large sport shirt last night and was able to button it with the fabric pulling at the button holes over my gut. still wearing 38" pants gut soon I will be down to 36 the are just a little snug right no. I was able to button my suit jacket for the first time in a long time.

I also survived Easter Dinner at my Sisters although I was tempted a couple of time just stuck to my water, 1/2 bar and shake, so I am a happy camper.

My said she has lot 4 pound since Thursday which good as it help her mood, she did go today for fear of eating, We missed he but I full understand. So far I feel pretty and don't feel to hungry when I do a good drink of water stops it. Bad weather might be coming this week so I not be as active with the heavy work. Have blood work done Wednesday moring and the meeting in the evening and I take my last BP med in the morning been weaning my self off of them by taking one every other day. Off the Blood Fats meds also and 1/2 pill of Cholesterol meds BP is good in the 120/135/65 range it only the first so we shall see how it goes

Tom

Comment

• BigguyZ
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2006
                      • Minneapolis, MN
                      • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I've been up and down for the last week and a half or so. I hit 363 a couple of days ago, now I'm at 364.6. Annoying, but I try not to let it bother me much.

Comment

• twistsol
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2002

Sunday morning as penance for Friday's gluttony, my wife and I went for a 35 mile bike ride. Maintained 15 MPH through mile 27 and she started fading fast we finished the last 5 miles at about 7 MPH. Yard work this weekend and weather isn't going to be cooperating for a bike ride this weekend. I haven't gotten her to ride in rain / sleet at near freezing temperatures ... yet.
                        Chr's

Comment

• woodturner
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • Western Pennsylvania
                          • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

The final weigh in approaches.....

I also added a new table further down on the spreadsheet, for the next round, if we want to do that. I have found the contest helpful and motivating and would like to continue. We could also open it up to new participants for the new round.
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• atgcpaul
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2003
                            • Maryland
                            • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by woodturner
                            The final weigh in approaches.....

I also added a new table further down on the spreadsheet, for the next round, if we want to do that. I have found the contest helpful and motivating and would like to continue. We could also open it up to new participants for the new round.
                            Ugh. Yes, put me down for the next round.

Comment

• twistsol
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2002

Put me down for the next round as well. I still have a way to go.
                              Chr's

Comment

• Black wallnut
                                cycling to health
                                • Jan 2003
                                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                                • BT3k 1999

Woodturner now that you have the macros figured out how hard is it to create a new doc for the next round? I'll be in as well. I still have more to lose....... this morning I had gained back a couple pounds.

©

Comment

Working...