• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Can't win for losing!

Up until Thanksgiving last fall, I weighed in at about 218 - 220. But from Thanksgiving through Christmas, and New Year, I went to between 227-230. I signed up for the biggest loser but everything weight wise went north, or is that south? I went from 227 to 233 even when I was trying to lose weight. I even got depressed looking at the biggest loser THREAD!

To hide my belly through the winter, I wore sweater vests (I have worn them for years in winter) and the tight buttons on the shirts around my belly stayed hidden. Well spring is here and my last year’s short sleeve shirts are showing signs of stretch marks. Can’t hide them with a sweater vest.

Time to buy some new shirts. Last week, (on Friday) I bought 5 new shirts, 3 short sleeve casual and 2 long sleeve dress shirts - all XL!

Would you believe that since last Friday through today, I lost down to 222. My old shirts fit fine now, and my new ones look plum baggy. 11 pounds in the belly gone in one week.

With the warm weather, I have been far more active outside in the yard and riding my bicycle for about 20 minutes a day at a good pace. Plus, schedule has kept me to mid-afternoon meals instead of lunch. The mid afternoon meals satisfy any dinner (supper for southerners) cravings as well. A bowl of soup if I get hungry. That combo has worked well, but I don't know what to do with these new baggy shirts 2 of which I have not worn yet, but they have been washed, so I can't return them!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Congrats on the unexpected progress Hank I can empathize with your earlier comments on frustration - I have hit something of a plateau and haven't put in the work to get past it, so have stopped even looking at the thread until I get more serious.

Regarding the shirts... since I'm still XL - maybe you could take a photo, put them in classifieds...

Keep up the good work.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Good on ya Hank. That's like found money. I used to be an XL but am more comfortable in a XXL now. Argh. As long as I don't start wearing Big Dog shirts, I won't lose all respect for myself.

I was doing ok out of the gate but added bike commuting last week and have gained 5 lbs from my lowest.

I just donated blood about 10min ago at church. That's got to be good for at least a pound. I should have donated double reds, though. Seems like I've got plenty to spare.

Comment

Working...