• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • os1kne
    • Jan 2003
    • Atlanta, GA
    • BT3100

Customer service

It seems that good customer service after the purchase is rare to find these days, so I wanted to post a quick positive reference for Orbit - makers of garden hose accessories.

I install the little ball valve shut-off couplings at the end of each of my garden hoses, so I don't have to shut off the water at the house before switching from a sprayer to sprinkler, etc. After quickly wearing out a couple of cheap plastic ball valves, I discovered some brass ones made by Orbit http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4...7933/100659291

These valves really work great, I've acquired 4 of them over the past few years to replace other valves as they failed. But, I had a problem with one recently where the screw and lever popped off and got lost. I was about to toss it, but it seemed a shame to toss such a well made item over a screw and piece of plastic. I called Orbit, and within a few minutes I was told that they would mail me the missing parts. I received them about a week later. A couple drops of Loctite on the screw and I'm back in business.
    Bill
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Good customer service does indeed exist. It is so nice to read about it.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• jwd12
      Established Member
      • Jun 2005
      • Dyer, In..
      • BT3100

About a year ago I crossed over into the dark side with a purchase of a SawStop ( 10" Contractors model). Rather than bother finding the instructions for disabling the braking system, I chose to make a quick cut on a pressure treated 2x4. BIG mistake. After replacing the brake and the blade I resumed woodworking. Unfortunately the arbor would slip down into its cavity when encountering wood. I could find nothing in the manual covering this condition. So about 1:30 of Friday I emailed SawStop, thinking I would hear from them Monday. About an hour after sending the email I got a cell call from a SawStop technician. This guy was very helpful (and very patient). Two hours after the emailing I was making sawdust. I don't know whether my experience is typical or if it was a slow Friday, but I was impressed.
      I am praying for patience but extremely upset that it takes so long.

Comment

Working...