• Show
Clear All
  • jwd12
    Established Member
    • Jun 2005
    • Dyer, In..
    • BT3100

Good Morning

I have been a member here for 9 years learning much and contributing little or nothing. This site is my first choice for any woodworking info, whether it is technique, tools, or just conversation. I visit daily and have enjoyed almost every minute of the experience.

I am expecting a new table saw next week and need the space (going to the dark side). I would like to fine a good loving owner for my BT3100, it has served me well. The saw is in good working condition and complete. I live in NW Indiana 35 miles south of downtown Chicago. As a way of contributing to this form I am hoping there is another lurker here who would enjoy and use my saw and hopefully contribute. All you have to do is come to my home and pick it up. There is no charge, just have to promise to use it. PM me if you are interested and qualify.
    I am praying for patience but extremely upset that it takes so long.
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Very generous offer. Which saw did you get?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• jwd12
      Established Member
      • Jun 2005
      • Dyer, In..
      • BT3100

SawStop Contractor table saw with 36" fence

Comment

• JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

You might save even more space by just giving up the Saw Stop. I can swing by and get it whenever is convenient for you

Very generous giving away the BT3. I hope someone gets it that can use it.

Good job.
        Joe

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

I haven't posted in some time. I have a grandson who would love to pick it up. He's already made a set of bunk beds and an entertainment center, without owning a tablesaw. PM sent yesterday. That's a very generous offer. I'm in Griffith. If you want to call me, the number is 924-3946. Whether he gets it or not, thanks for giving someone the opportunity to make sawdust.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Black wallnut
            cycling to health
            • Jan 2003
            • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
            • BT3k 1999

jwd12 you are awesome for making such an offfer. the true spirit in which this forum was started.
            Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• jwd12
              Established Member
              • Jun 2005
              • Dyer, In..
              • BT3100

Ed62 your grandson is soon to be a new owner of a BT3100. The only other condition is that he has to join this forum. I can only hope he gets as much pleasure out of the machine and this forum as I have. ED I will contact you a little later.
              For those of you not familiar with Indiana geography, Ed62 is less than 10 miles from me.

Comment

• Ed62
                The Full Monte
                • Oct 2006
                • NW Indiana
                • BT3K

Thank you very much for such a great offer. He's in the process of buying a home, and he'll get a lot of use out of it. I'm sure he'll enjoy the saw, and I hope you enjoy your new one as much as he will the BT3100.

Ed
                Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

great story in the making! BT3Central/Sawdustzone members are the greatest!

thanks for your generous spirit JWD.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...