What does your forum name/handle mean or stand for?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • durango dude
    • Mar 2011
    • a thousand or so feet above insanity
    • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

I'm a dude that lives in Durango!

(name's Richard!)

Comment

• ironhat
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
      • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Ironhat is the translation of my last name, Eisenhuth, in German. Interestingly (at least, to me it is), this spelling of my surname is considered to be very old. In the modern spelling the terminal 'h' has been dropped.
      Blessings,
      Chiz

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by ironhat
        Ironhat is the translation of my last name, Eisenhuth, in German. Interestingly (at least, to me it is), this spelling of my surname is considered to be very old. In the modern spelling the terminal 'h' has been dropped.
        I've always wondered what the significance of your handle was. Does it relate to a certain profession way back? Like blacksmith? Or one of those iron helmet wearing soldiers during the middle ages?
        Last edited by atgcpaul; 07-23-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• JSUPreston
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Montgomery, AL.
          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Originally posted by atgcpaul
          In my first real job in and out of college for 8 years, I helped elucidate the DNA sequence of the first eukryotic plant genome, Arabidopsis thaliana. ATGC are the four nucleotides that make up everyone's DNA--adenine, thymine, cytosine, and guanine. Paul is my first name.
          Dang, I should've looked you up when we were in DC last week. You and my older son probably could talk for hours!
          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• JSUPreston
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • Montgomery, AL.
            • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

I was at Jacksonville State University in the early to mid 90's. (Not that Jacksonville, the one about 10 miles north of Anniston, AL). A lot of us that were fortunate enough to have personal computers were on AOL. So, we used JSU with our first name as our user ID. I've used it ever since.

Like dbhost, I got an interesting user id the first time I was given an account on a Novell server. First initial with last name...plane. The irony is that I took pilot lessons for a while.
            "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by JSUPreston
              Dang, I should've looked you up when we were in DC last week. You and my older son probably could talk for hours!
              Sorry. I should have extended an invitation. Next time. I play with a lot of cool "toys" at my current job so it makes for a good tour.

Comment

• GPA61
                • Sep 2004
                • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
                • BT 3100 & JET JWTS

Mine stands for grandpa 1961, the year I was born.
                Claudio

Comment

Working...