• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Sheduled For A Photo Session

Been going through some abdominal problems the last week and a half. (I'll leave out the details) Had an apt with the gastro Doc this morning that went just as I figured it would. Scheduled for the infamous photo shoot on the 30th. The procedure doesn't bother me, don't even mind the gallon of prep solution and its results. 3 days on a liquid diet is going to irritate the **** out of me.....Is BEER a clear liquid?????????
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • jaybee
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Regina, SK, Canada
    • BT3100-1

It's not the procedure, it's the pumped in air while on your stomach. Not to mention that lame excuse for a window ledge you get to to stand on and rotate. The mad dash when its over is oh so much fun ...

Comment

• Neal
      Established Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
      • Ryobi BT3000

Good luck and best wishes. Hope they find what's ailing you!

Comment

• jdon
        Established Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Snoqualmie, Wash.
        • BT3100

Silver lining: the traditional definition of a clear liquid is something you can see through enough to read newspaper type. So, unless you indulge in cloudy brews, such as wheat beers, it meets the definition. Plain Jello, BTW, qualifies as a clear liquid, since you can read through it. I think the whole purpose is to eliminate (literally) any lumpy material that might interfere with good visualization during the exam. Good luck. Personally, the gallon prep is the worst part.

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

The gallon prep is awful. Some co-workers claim their dr. Prescribed them something that is not that bad. I gotta see it to believe it. What I've had starts off almost tolerable and before it is gone you have to have someone hold a gun on you to gag it down. I'm not sure the procedure is not worse than the disease.

Comment

• durango dude
            • Mar 2011
            • a thousand or so feet above insanity
            • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

been there - done that ----

Watch out - those drugs get you to do unusual things (like - oh never mind - you likely know).

My procedure was made worse by the fact that when I called to schedule, the phone was answered by a deep voiced nurse named "Helga" who said she'd be there for me that whole time.

Once I got there to the facility, I was exhausted by the prep ---- and it turns out Helga wasn't that bad to have around (I really didn't care ---- too dang tired).

Helga Spoke Russian - and LOMF tells me I was flirting with her with my limited recollection of Russian (took a semester of it in college). LIke I said - watch out for the meds.

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Don't know what the meds were before but the Dr. said they will use the same ones this time. One puts you under immediately and, after they are done, a second drugs brings you out of it. I came out of the last one clear headed with no grogginess or lingering effects.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• billwmeyer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2003
                • Weir, Ks, USA.
                • BT3000

Good luck! Been there done that hate that!
                "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• capncarl
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Leesburg Georgia USA
                  • SawStop CTS

My first photo shoot I was useless for the day, my shoot I grabbed a bite to eat and went shopping afterward. Better drug control or advance in technology, don't know.

Pappy, my experience with alcohol on an empty stomach tells me that you would not need the meds to sleep, and you would probably wake up hurting on both ends!

Comment

• ironhat
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Hey Pappy, you know that we'll all be pulling for a good outcome - read: Nothing seriously wrong).
                    Blessings,
                    Chiz

Comment

• Pappy
                      The Full Monte
                      • Dec 2002
                      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 (x2)

Didn't make it to the 30th. I got up on Friday, my day off, and felt terrible. hung out, laid around in my robe all day and Sat had the wife call the service for the gastro clinic. Off to the ER and admitted to ICU for a day for heavy fluids and antibiotics. Moved to a room on Sunday, prepped at 10PM and had the colonoscopy Mon afternoon. I'm on IV steroids, more fluids, and still on 2 different antibiotics.

Still don't have any biopsy results but I have colitis. Dr. said if it was non ulcerative the steroids should take care of it, otherwise it can be control
                      led with meds. They started me on solid food yesterday and I started to pass blood again so I am guessing the steroids didn't work.

Worse is my GP was in this morning, wrote discharge orders for today or tomorrow, even after listening to my concerns. Still waiting for the gastro to show up.
                      Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• ironhat
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2004
                        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Stay on your toes, Don. Don't allow them to lose you and your dx in the mad shuffle of orders when nobody is talking to anybody about what they think is wrong and the way to treat you. The treatment plan here: Continue with prayer.
                        Blessings,
                        Chiz

Comment

• bigstick509
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • Macomb, MI, USA.
                          • BT3100

Wishing you a speedy recovery. The rush to discharge seems to be the norm for modern day medical procedure.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Pappy
                            The Full Monte
                            • Dec 2002
                            • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 (x2)

The Gastro added another med yesterday to combat the abdominal cramps / pain when I eat. Seems to be working so far and I came home this morning. Plan to lay low a couple of days and then work on some light projects while I am recovering.

Still don't have biopsy results, but infection they found in my the colon was bad. Hopefully the 2 different antibiotics and the steroids that have been pumped into my system the last 7 days have it under control. Will betaking oral steroids for a few weeks.

Will have to call for follow up appts on Monday with Gastro and my GP to see when I can get back to work.
                            Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• Whaler
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Sequim, WA, USA.
                              • DW746

Hang in there and fight that critter Pappy.
                              Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

Working...