• Show
Clear All
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by JSUPreston
    I wonder how this would hold up to smaller motorcycles, like 250 class dirt bikes. It is almost big enough to handle my little Rebel. Wheelbase on my bike is 58".
    According to the Owners Manual(?) it has a weight limitation of 500 lbs and it also says not to exceed 55 MPH when hauling anything. I suspect the 55 MPH thing is just lawyer speak but I think I would honor the weight guide lines. I say that mainly due to the fact that the bolts holding the basket to the receiver mounting bracket and the tie down loops were made in China. I don't know what your bike weighs but I suspect it can't weigh much more than my snow thrower.

Comment

• JSUPreston
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Montgomery, AL.
      • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

My bike weighs 550 with me on it!

Seriously, the bike weighs in at about 300. I'm not 250, but seem to be closer to it than the 170 I want to be. I was talking with my boss about it, since he does enduros, and he said that for about the same price you could get one designed for a bike. Then again, I do have the truck....
      "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• bigdaddyjohn
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Fort Wayne, IN.
        • Jet 10" Contractor

96335 Metric Bolt Extractors

Another fine treasure that has save my butt. In fact, I returned 2 days ago to get the SAE Version as I was stuck with no other way to remove seized Brake Bleeder Screws that were corroded, stripped and starting to break. PB Blaster, time, torch till cherry red, vise grips... Nothing worked. 2 minutes with 3/8" extractor and 3/8" drive wrench and zip/zap, out like nobody's business!

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

I just purchased 2 of the 1 x 30 in belt sanders (with 20% coupon) and plan on purchasing two more in the near future. They are the knockoff/ identical of those offered by several companies.

This is going to be part of my "edgemaster" system (http://www.theedgemasters.com/) Sharpening supplies: (http://www.theedgemasters.com/Sharpe...esforSale.html). I ordered a leather belt, hone, (2) 1000 grit belts and a 600 grit belt. I will dedicate a sander to the leather belt, one to the 1000 grit and one to the 600. The fourth will be the utility change all.

I had one of these sanders in Japan and loved that machine. But after 8 years, I dropped it off of a table while cleaning and relocating workshop workflow and broke an adjustment tang.

On sharpening, I have found that for me and sharpening, each tool and each situation is different. There are things that I can finesse on one kind of sharpener that I can't on another. IMHO, the finesse in sharpening is where it is. I will go to lengths to get that on each tool that I sharpen. "Good enough" is not a part of my vocab in sharpness.

The HF sander: Item #2485
          Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
          Last edited by leehljp; 12-28-2010, 10:00 AM.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• BrazosJake
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2003
            • Benbrook, TX.
            • Emerson-built Craftsman

Item #02957 Industrial Rotary Hammer (SDS Hammer Drill).

Sadly, they don't carry this item any longer. It was a 3/4 SDS rotary hammer with 3 modes and usually sold for $30. It was an awesome tool for the money. I used it to remove tile, drive lag screws while my cordless ID recharged, demolished rebar slabs. I even used it to defrost a heavily iced-up freezer.

I sold mine in a garage sale (was planning to move at the time) and found I needed it for tile removal last week. I ended up renting from the BORG for almost 2x as much as the HF tool sold for.

Comment

• Cochese
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2010

Looks like several items from the list are no longer listed on the website. Hopefully it's just a case of them playing with the website and model numbers again, but it would be a shame to lose something like the 9" vise. I like mine.

Harbor Freight dud: the quick-release black and orange clamps. The grip breaks easily.
              I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

It looks like HF is changing up their tools. The old yellow / orangey motor cover equipped miter saws seem to be going away, the new ones seem, at least to my experience so far, to be MUCH better...

Unfortunately the 8" jointer is gone too. A pity. I really wanted one of those...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• woodturner
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Western Pennsylvania
                  • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by BrazosJake
                  It was a 3/4 SDS rotary hammer with 3 modes and usually sold for $30.
                  Was it like this 1"?
                  Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• glebert
                    Handtools only
                    • Jan 2011

re: the multi-purpose tool, I am not too enthralled with mine. I was using it to cut some framing nails in some joists, and after cutting maybe 8 nails I couldn't feel my hands. The next time I used it I intentionally kept a loose grip and it was better, but not great. I don't know that the more expensive tools are any better, though.

Comment

Working...