Clear All
  • ArtworksIII
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2015
    • Spokane Wa
    • Craftsman

Hello From Spokane Wa

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Al from Spokane Wa. I'm here to show some light hearted modeling for woodworkers. Aircraft are an interesting subject for wood working. Much of the wood I use is repurposed from past renovations in my home sub flooring and the like. This model is over one hundred years old if you consider the age of the wood. Thanks for having me on your forum and hope to chat with all.

• poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Welcome Al, its great to have new blood, especially with alternate view points such as modelling. Do you also do other types of WWing projects?
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• ArtworksIII
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2015
      • Spokane Wa
      • Craftsman

Hello poolhound

Yes I make all kinds of aircraft types. Mostly modern types as other mediums like plastic take care of the majority of subjects. Got plenty to keep busy for sure... Thanks for having me.

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Welcome AWIII! I can tell that you probably have a good bandsaw, and a lathe.

Good work and great idea. Thanks for sharing!
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Welcome! Do you take them all the way to the paint level? How did you make the skids on the heli?

As a kid I was big into plastic model boats but never had the patience--or skill or money--to paint them. Do you have a favorite?

Comment

• ArtworksIII
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2015
            • Spokane Wa
            • Craftsman

Yes I carve and paint all of my work.

Originally posted by atgcpaul
            Welcome! Do you take them all the way to the paint level? How did you make the skids on the heli?

As a kid I was big into plastic model boats but never had the patience--or skill or money--to paint them. Do you have a favorite?
            Hello ATG. I carve and make the models. Yes eventually they get their paint. The skids on the top helicopter are used to level the model. Then I fabricate more true to from skids like on the real one.

Comment

• ArtworksIII
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2015
              • Spokane Wa
              • Craftsman

Delta Bandsaw

Originally posted by leehljp
              Welcome AWIII! I can tell that you probably have a good bandsaw, and a lathe.

Good work and great idea. Thanks for sharing!
              Some of the smaller parts are done with a scroll saw and a bench sander is a must for these projects. Since there are no kits of wooden airplanes on the market I use line drawings. It's gives new life to down time between project we all like to do. I think these are suited for father son time or anyone who like models.

Comment

Working...