• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • durango dude
    • Mar 2011
    • a thousand or so feet above insanity
    • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

Originally posted by Stytooner
    Because you are a Member here, you can check out some of Pappy's pictures and get everything at once. Babes, Bikes and Boards.
    I knew there was a reason I liked him.......

lol

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

If after looking at Pappy's babe's bike's an boards, you do not have a resurrection, it may be a time for Ciialis. Discounts and coupons do not apply. But WAIT! Theres more......for the first 500 idiots...er.. callers...
      Lee

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

A side note, I've watched a number of the investigative programs that delv into counterfeit medicines, they report that over 50% of the ED pills are counterfeit. What kind of idiot would order ED pills online from one of these tv ads knowing that they are likely counterfeit. Smiling Bob is still smiling.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

the deal is that we have outlawed tobacco ads, once one of the big TV sponsors. Afraid of having their ads regulated the alcohol industry has long limited their ads voluntarily.
          The big vacuum of vices ads has led to the proliferation of medical prescription drug ads and layer ads.

Maybe there's not enough wholesome items we buy to support sponsored TV. Maybe we buy too many of the items you guys say are offensive. The market begets competition and competition begets advertising.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Just like SPAM, enough people are responding that it's worth the time to put the ads on TV. You just have a higher threshold with TV since SPAM is basically free to the sender.

Besides, now I know I'm fat because of Low-T, not the cute redhead on the Wendy's commercial. Either way it isn't my fault and isn't that the important part.
            Chr's

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

Cord cutter here. Paying for cable tv, was years ago, supposed to eliminate commercials (yeah, right). And I save a penny for having basic cable, besides the internet service. Since I pay for it and don't have it hooked to a tv, I use sites that let you watch online, without commericals. (watch very little tv) The other option is to get a season on dvd (do that with my favorite series).
              At parents, where they record things that I may be interested it (mom is the show person and two series we both will watch), commercials get FF'd through.
              Radio, a commercial comes on, and the station gets changed or turned off all together.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• capncarl
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Leesburg Georgia USA
                • SawStop CTS

I'd love to cut the cable. The ax was posed to cut the cord several years ago after the purchase of a roku. It didn't work, inter net (note that Internet is 2 words because I can not type it without it changing to caps and I'll not have it) was not fast enough. It doesn't look like it will be able to support a roku for some times to come in my neighborhood.
                capncarl

Comment

Working...