• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Finally...

..., a hybrid car that could get me to go green!

The link is a 12 minute video of Jay Leno test driving his McLaren P1 at the Surrey, England factory.

2014 McLaren P1. It's pretty much a road-going Formula One car, and after a factory visit to see how it's made, Jay is the first person outside McLaren to te...

And how a $1 mil + car is delivered to the dealership...

Would it surprise you if we told you that Jay Leno is getting delivery of the first McLaren P1 on this side of the Atlantic? Of course it didn't shock us; and it's an interesting lesson on how the slightly surreal world of exotic car delivery can work. Unlike the sometimes cringe-worthy unloading (or loading) antics we've seen with other supercars, this...
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Or maybe forget the GREEN idea, go faster, and buy American! Just have to pick a different color and trim package, "Because the new red, white, and blue World's Fastest Edition of the supercar is limited to just three units—and it’s already sold out."

If you wanted to get your hands on the new special edition of the Hennessey Venom GT, you had to know the right people—most likely, John Hennessey himself. Because the new red, white, and blue World's Fastest Edition of the supercar is limited to just three units—and it’s already sold out. MUST SEE: Jay Leno's McLaren P1 Delivered, First...

Video of the run....

On February 14, 2014, the Hennessey Venom GT set a new world speed record for 2-seat sports cars by reaching a top speed of 270.49 mph (435.31 km/h). The tes...
    Last edited by Pappy; 05-13-2014, 10:38 AM.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

You'd think for that price, the dealer would get permission from the city to modify his curb. I wonder how much that white slip cover costs on its own. I noticed it was zippered closed. I was thinking, is he going to whip out a box cutter to open it?

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Yah I'm still debating on whether to get one or the sawstop.
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Cochese
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2010

I wouldn't pee on John Hennessy if he was on fire.
          I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• All Thumbs
            Established Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Penn Hills, PA
            • BT3K/Saw-Stop

Originally posted by Cochese
            I wouldn't pee on John Hennessy if he was on fire.
            I don't get it?

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

A couple of years ago a guy was drag racing an old Datsun B-210 he had converted to electric and was whooping everybody. Notice I said whooping, not whipping? because there is a difference. So, electric cars can be very fast and with Jays money you can buy a lot of fast packed in good looking car. I think the car was called the White Zombie, google it for a look.

Comment

• Cochese
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by All Thumbs
                I don't get it?
                He's got quite the negative reputation in the car industry by ripping off clients.
                I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

He does have a fast car tho. His shop is just down I-10 from Katy, about 20 miles west. Very discrete, Hennessy name on the building but no pictures of race cars or a sign proclaiming Home of the world's fastest production cars or anything like that.
                  Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-13-2014, 01:43 PM.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...