• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpha
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Owensboro, KY, USA.

Statistic of the day

"The percentage of men who wash their hands after using the toilet is only 52%."

I won't take a poll on this one.

Bob
  • conwaygolfer
    Established Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Conway, SC.
    • BT3000

I was with a friend years ago at a boat show and we both had to go to the bathroom. Afterwards I washed my hands. He commented that I must have peed on my hands, otherwise, why wash them. Lol.

Conwaygolfer

Comment

• jwd12
      Established Member
      • Jun 2005
      • Dyer, In..
      • BT3100

This does not surprise me. What amazes me is how much better restrooms smell with an auto flush.
      I am praying for patience but extremely upset that it takes so long.

Comment

• Dal300
        Banned
        • Aug 2011
        • East Central Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

When I was in the Army I was stuck in an airport awaiting a commercial flight. Since there was 3 more hours to wait and I had to go, I went into the mens necessary to use the facilities.
        While in there, a couple of Marine's were doing the same thing.
        When I got done I started walking out without washing my hands and one of the Marines hollered, "Don't they teach you to wash your hands after using the toilet in the Army?"
        I replied real quick... "Nope, they teach us not to pee on our hands".

(Sorry Pappy and other retired and present Marines.... IT wouldn't have been as funny if I had used the real guys.... Coast Guard!)

Comment

• Shep
          • Nov 2008
          • Columbus, OH
          • Hitachi C10FL

Originally posted by jwd12
          This does not surprise me. What amazes me is how much better restrooms smell with an auto flush.
          I agree with how much better they smell with the auto flush. What amazes me is how many guys still pee on the seat in the mens room. I had a fun experience recently when I had to take my 3 year old daughter to the restroom at a blue jackets game.
          -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.

Comment

• BobSch
            • Aug 2004
            • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
            • BT3100

Originally posted by Shep
            What amazes me is how many guys still pee on the seat in the mens room.
            How about the puddles in front of the urinals? Not a drop or two, but puddles!
            Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• conwaygolfer
              Established Member
              • Jun 2008
              • Conway, SC.
              • BT3000

Originally posted by BobSch
              How about the puddles in front of the urinals? Not a drop or two, but puddles!
              I used to go to DC Stadium to see the Redskins play. On the way to the mens room you passed by the ladies room. Don't know why, but there was always "water" running out the door and a long line to get in. Hopefully it was just a malfunctioning toilet. Never saw that problem at the mens room.

Conwaygolfer

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

Personally, I hate public restrooms... they're just absolutely disgusting IMHO. Maybe I'm just finicky or something, but I think that animals are cleaner than most humans. And YES, these infrared devices are the best things that ever happened to public bathrooms!

Even at work, you'd find puddles on floor and worst in the stalls. It really just left me wondering about people. I worked with Engineers and other people of good education; but ****, not only wouldn't many of them wash after using the urinals, I see them walk out of the stalls and just leave the men's room. Disgusting, to say the least.

I wash my hands constantly... you simply never know who just wiped thier butt, didn't wash afterwards and have touched any and everything that you may have also just touched.

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• radhak
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • Miramar, FL
                  • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

There was a time I used to be 'conservative' about my hand-washing. I would only wash if I had touched something really gross, and that too just before I had to eat (kept a running tab in my head - 'ok, I've touched this, need to remember to wash before eating/drinking anything'). My logic used to be, even if I had touched a colony of germs, unless I was getting ready to eat, why waste water and my time?'

Post-marriage, I've understood that my activity (and cleanliness) impacts others, and no amount of precaution is too small; I wash hands religiously.
                  It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                  - Aristotle

Comment

• atgcpaul
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2003
                    • Maryland
                    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by cwsmith
                    I worked with Engineers and other people of good education; but ****, not only wouldn't many of them wash after using the urinals, I see them walk out of the stalls and just leave the men's room. Disgusting, to say the least.
                    We must work with the same people. Half the people I work with have PhDs.
                    I guess they're too busy thinking to wash their hands.

Comment

• lago
                      Established Member
                      • Nov 2003
                      • Lago Vista, TX.

Maybe it's the background of the people that cause the probem. We have flown on a number of international flights and sometimes the restrooms were pretty gross. This past summer we took Amtrak round trip from Austin to Chicago. On the ride back, the restrooms were very very gross by the time we got to St Louis.
                      Last edited by lago; 12-04-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...