• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Atlanta WW Show

In order to burn some frequent flier miles and hotel points, my brothers in law and I are headed to Atlanta for the WW show. We have five days there. Anything we should plan to see other than the show itself?
    Chr's
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Right off the bat I'd say that you would want to visit Highland Woodworking, its not very far from the Georgia World Congress site where the fair is held. The World of Coke (Coca Cola) is next door to the fair also. August is a great time to visit Dahlonega Ga., site of the first gold rush, and tour the Consolidated gold mine, its awsome. The Smith house in Dahlonega is where you can get your belly full of southern cooking at its best. There is plenty to do in the Atl. area, and you only have 5 days to do it all in!
    capncarl

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by capncarl
      Right off the bat I'd say that you would want to visit Highland Woodworking, its not very far from the Georgia World Congress site where the fair is held. The World of Coke (Coca Cola) is next door to the fair also. August is a great time to visit Dahlonega Ga., site of the first gold rush, and tour the Consolidated gold mine, its awsome. The Smith house in Dahlonega is where you can get your belly full of southern cooking at its best. There is plenty to do in the Atl. area, and you only have 5 days to do it all in!
      capncarl
      The fair? If you're referring to the woodworking show, it's in god-forsaken Norcross at the worst convention site I've ever been to.

The show is March 14-16.
      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Yes, we're headed to the WW show. You had me in a panic for a second. The show is March 7-9, not the 14-16
        Chr's

Comment

• Cochese
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2010

Well ****.
          I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

Oh, I thought you were refering to the Internation woodworking fair on Aug 28-30 at the Georgia Congress Ctr. I'd still recommend Dahlonega and the other sites mentioned. There is always plenty to do around Atlanta.
            capncarl

Comment

Working...