• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • havighurst
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • Metamora, MI, USA.

Cell Phone Question

I have a non-Android phone, but I need to be able to utilize an Android app that utilizes Bluetooth for a connection. If I were to purchase a used Android phone and not activate cellular service, would I be able to download an app from the Google Play store via Wi-Fi and connect via Bluetooth to another device?

I am trying to find the most cost effective solution as changing cell phones is not an option.

Thanks
    \"Experience is the toughest teacher. You get the test first and the lesson later.\"
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

What are you going to use Bluetooth connection for what device you should be able to A wireless service isn't need to connect to another device

Tom

Comment

• woodturner
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Western Pennsylvania
      • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by havighurst
      I have a non-Android phone, but I need to be able to utilize an Android app that utilizes Bluetooth for a connection. If I were to purchase a used Android phone and not activate cellular service, would I be able to download an app from the Google Play store via Wi-Fi and connect via Bluetooth to another device?
      Yes, that works. I do that for OBDII apps.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• havighurst
        Established Member
        • Jun 2004
        • Metamora, MI, USA.

It is for a tennis sensor. It is good to know I can make this work.

Thanks
        \"Experience is the toughest teacher. You get the test first and the lesson later.\"

Comment

Working...