Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Fell Into It Again...

...and came out smelling like a rose!

Really tired of my yard being covered with weeds. Up until a couple of years ago every broadleaf solution I could find would kill Buffalo Grass, then I found one from Bayer that is safe for Buffalo and tried it on part of the yard. After 2 years the weeds are just starting to come back in that section.

Problem is I have 1 1/4 acre and walking it with a sprayer would take forever and kill my back. $230 for a pull behind sprayer was hard to justify to treat the yard twice a year but the boss said I need to spray for insects every couple of months, too. We decided part of the tax refund would go to a 15 gal rig from Tractor Supply that got decent reviews.

Stopped by the local store tonight to see if they had one in stock. Above it were 2 rigs that I could have easily adapted to my garden trailer if the price was better. No price tags so I grabbed an employee. Both were over $350 so I figured I would stay with the one I was looking at. He said, if it was still there, he had an older (Last year's 25 gal model) on sale. It was there, stuck on a high shelf on the back wall in a box had seen better days.

After seeing the reduced price, I didn't have to think twice before telling him to grab the other end of the box!

Did a finger tight assembly, just to make sure all the parts were present and accounted for. The spreader bar and hoses are in the box in the back ground of the first picture and the nozzles are on the table since they wont go through the door once mounted, but all parts are present and accounted for...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Assy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	798656

Name:	SKU Tag.jpg
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	798657

Name:	Sale Tag.jpg
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	798658
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

$272 reduced to $80 and a larger capacity than you wanted initially. THat's gloatworthy.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Brian G
      • Jun 2003
      • Bloomington, Minnesota.
      • G0899

Not just gloatworthy, but a YOU SUCK! worthy.
      Brian

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Good snag, more man tools!

Caution though, not to overlap your spray as some of the weed and broadleaf killers as the overlap areas might have enough to kill or stunt the grass. (photos on request). Not all sprays do this though. I learned to have someone mark the edge of my spray for me as I pulled it with the mower.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

So are you going to put offrode tires on your trike to tow this behind? (then you might never get back in the shop)
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Pappy
            The Full Monte
            • Dec 2002
            • San Marcos, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 (x2)

I did run into a problem. When I tightened everything down and hooked up the wiring harnesses to connect the pump to the tractor battery there was a reverse in polarity no matter how the wires were connected. After checking out another harness at the store and looking at the pumps on several floor units I figured out that the plug on the pump was put on wrong. The red wire goes to the female side of the plug on mine and should have gone to the male side.

A call to the 800 # in the manual and they shipped me a new pump complete with the wiring harnesses. Got the pump installed and tested last night. Need to pack the defective pump and ship it back to them.
            Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
            Fools because they have to say something.
            Plato

Comment

Working...