• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Delta X5 Unisaw - possible bargin

I saw this Unisaw for $350 today on the PHX craigslist. As the poster says the good is it includes the mobile base and a tenoning jig, the bad is that it currently doesn't run. If its just the switch its a good deal for somebody.

Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

It looks like a give-away price. What a Christmas present for some lucky person.
    I've heard very little negative about this saw and all my friends that have a unisaw love them.
    capncarl

Comment

• JSUPreston
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Montgomery, AL.
      • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

If I had the scratch and was close by, I'd jump on that like I do when there's an all you can eat night at the local wings place.

I have the Delta 36-979 (upgraded to 982) contractor saw and love it. It's probably the last TS I'll ever buy, unless I can get a deal like this on a cabinet/hybrid saw. Even if you have to replace the motor, it should be a great saw.

Please note, I had to replace the switch on my Delta earlier this year. Easy to do, and was a needed upgrade anyway. I bought one of the Woodcraft safety switches from Amazon for less than $20. Maybe you'll get lucky and only have to swap the switch.
      "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

Working...