• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Do you remember Vern Gonya?

There is a report that he is an Alzheimer's patient, in a nursing home. He picked up a 97 year old man, and body slammed him! The man died of his injuries. No charges have been filed.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

His name is really Verne Gagne, born LaVerne Gagne. I remember him, but never did follow that wrestling circus. I guess there are a lot of people that like the rehearsed acrobatics.

Comment

• BobSch
      • Aug 2004
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

I worked for a short time at a Minneapolis TV station that had wrestling every Saturday night. I remember seeing the wrestlers backstage between matches joking it up like best buddies.

Almost got body-slammed by a little grandmotherly type one night when I was walking past the audience during a commercial break and just shook my head and chuckled at the wrestler's antics.
      Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

Not only do I remember Verne Gagne, but I'm related to a bunch of Gagnes. I always wondered if I was related to him.

It was fun to watch wrestling before it became such a rehearsed spectacle.

Bill

Comment

• drillman88
          • Dec 2007
          • Southeast
          • Delta Platinum Edition Contractor Saw

I heard about this on the radio.It's sad to hear of things like this happening.There have been several alzheimers patients in my area that walked away from there facilities in the last few years.Most were located fairly quickly one wasn't so lucky.
          I think therefore I .....awwww where is that remote.

Comment

• Eagan
            Established Member
            • Feb 2006
            • bloomington, IN
            • rigid r4512

I remember

Wow... thought he was only in the twin cities.

Last time I was visiting I thought I saw a lot of land for sale with his name on it.

Comment

Working...