• Show
Clear All
  • wd4lc
    Established Member
    • Nov 2008
    • Houston, TX
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

Kreg (Lowes - Houston)

The Gulfgate location Lowes in Houston (in the small woodworking section behind the table saws....also there is an endcap in the tools section).

Kreg HD Jig Kit - $23.99, normally $59.99 (Pocket hole system for stock 1-1/2" and bigger)

They don't seem to have it listed online. I saw it in-store. Here is the product on Rockler...

Also saw some Bessey Clamps - 24" Double Head bar clamps for $9.51 instead of $17. I don't think these are normal bar clamps. The picture on the label showed it clamping the corner of a table. Look for 'em on the clearance endcap on or near the insulation aisle. They look like this...

• durango dude
    • Mar 2011
    • a thousand or so feet above insanity
    • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

The kreg pocket hole jig is a great, handy tool.

I haven't seen them much cheaper than that.

I've picked up "discount" Bessey clamps at Lowe's before ----
    in my case, I regretted it.

Comment

• MBG
      • Apr 2003
      • Chicago, Illinois.
      • Craftsman 21829

My Lowes didn't have the HD kit but had the deck kit for $35 (reg $79).

Is this deck kit any good?

Thanks

Comment

• Burg53
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2003
        • Hillsdale, NJ, USA.

Kreg Deck Kit

I used the deck kit for my deck and I'm happy with the results. It drives the screws at an angle through the edges so you don't see any of the screw heads that hold down the decking. However - the kit is not designed for use with 2x decking material. It is intended for composite decking (3/4 in. thick?) and 5/4 p.t. decking. I used it for 5/4 decking and as I said I'm happy with the results. Don't know if the H.D. kit referenced above would work for decking.

Les

Comment

Working...