Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Christmas

First of all, Merry Christmas to all!

LOML gave me a Ryobi 18V Jig Saw. I had been looking at 18V Bosch, Milwaukee, and DeWalt jig saws but figured that $250 - $280 for saw and batteries/charger were too much for my occasional use. I let it go. LOML noticed me looking over the Ryobi in HD and got it for me.

I read some reviews on it and while it is not a Bosch, Mil, or DW, it is more than sufficient for what I need. (Not in all tools - do I need the top line quality/specs. I am happy!

Also - Silky/Hayauchi 21ft pole saw. LOML hijacked the pole saw I inquired about 3 - 4 weeks ago. She didn't wrap it (too long) but put a bow on it instead. I used it this morning already and the limb was a good 24 ft up (but looks to be about 15 or 18 to me.) I just could reach the limb while holding the end of the saw at shoulder height. It cut the 3 inch limb wrapped around the guy wire in about 2 - 3 minutes. I cut the limb on both sides of the wire and now there is a 6 inch piece hanging on the guy wire. I didn't want to cut it even with the wire as I didn't want to dull the saw. I have more limbs that need to be cut later, so I am a happy camper with that pole! Sure gave my arms a small workout.

My girls bought me a 12 x 8 x 2 salt slab and holder and some Kobe beef. Can't wait to use the salt slab and eat the Kobe Beef. I haven't used the salt slabs before in cooking but I have seen them advertised. ANYONE used one? ANY TIPS?

Been a good Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Merry Christmas to you as well and all our forum members and visitors.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• bigstick509
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Macomb, MI, USA.
      • BT3100

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Merry Christmas to you as well, and to all my BT3Central friends.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• durango dude
          • Mar 2011
          • a thousand or so feet above insanity
          • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

We try not to make Christmas a big deal around here.

Santa did make a showing - leaving behind some Bench Cookies, a
          Snappy Essentials drill bit set, and some Bessey Clamps.

Santa also set some of that fluffy white stuff that Colorado is pretty well
          known for ----- and I'm sure the ski resorts are happy.

I hope everyone here is enjoying a blessing of some sort.
          Last edited by durango dude; 12-25-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • IL, USA.
            • DELTA 36-675

Merry Christmas!
            Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

My wife suprised me with a pair of Rockler 36" bar clamps and a pair of wall mount wood racks. Who says they don't listen?
              Is anyone going to try to score any of the seasonal items from Lowes, HD, other big box stores that will be marked down soon? I was in the Holly Springs Ga. HD the 24th and noticed cases and cases of Bessey 4", 6" & 12" clamps. These should be marked way down soon. Lots of flashlights, neat scissors, drill bit sets and other small tools! If nothing else these are good birthday and Christmas presents for the new year on the cheap! I was on the way to the new Rockler store to pick up some last minute presents armed with their latest sale paper when I noteced the sale date started Jan 3. Glad I caught it cause I'd felt like a fool pushing a buggy full of stuff to the register only to be told I was a week early!
              capncarl

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

A bit late... but I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

Our usual celebration takes place on Christmas Eve, but this past year saw our son change jobs and he's now 80 miles north of us, and the new hospital requires everyone to work that day.

So this year we had our big dinner and celebration on Christmas and I must say we were far too busy to even think about getting on the computer. We were up late in preparation and it was late in the evening cleaning up.

No tools... but I did get a gift card to Harbour Freight, so close enough and I was quite pleased that every one was happy and had a great time.

Best wishes to everyone for the holiday, and may the New Year bring you and all of your loved ones good health and much happiness,

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...