• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Ridgid Oscillating Edge/Belt Spindle Sander

I think the borg may be de-listing this as I found it on sale for $189 in multiple local stores. Odd as it is consitently named as one of the best and best value spindle sanders available. I would guess they are moving to a ship-to-store strategy for some tools to save stocking at every store.

Not a huge bargain at $10 off but if you want one now would be the time to buy. I also bought somebodies unwanted HD gift card for $30 off so essentially snagged one for $160.

I now do have my older grizzly Oscillating Spindle Sander that is available for sale if anybody local to Phoenix is interested. It works great but I have always liked the oscillating belt option of the Ridgid and saw this sale as a sign it was time to upgrade.

Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • woodturner
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by poolhound
    I think the borg may be de-listing this as I found it on sale for $189 in multiple local stores.
    FWIW, they have run them at that price at various times in the past, so it could just be a sale price. I bought mine probably four years ago or so when it was on sale for that price.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• JSUPreston
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Montgomery, AL.
      • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Just adding my $.02 worth. The Ridgid, IMHO, it worth every penny of it's price. It is a great tool. My only complaint is with how accessories are stored...can't put it on a flip top stand and have all the accessories stay on it. I had a REALLY BIG brain fart and learned that the hard way.
      "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by JSUPreston
        Just adding my $.02 worth. The Ridgid, IMHO, it worth every penny of it's price. It is a great tool. My only complaint is with how accessories are stored...can't put it on a flip top stand and have all the accessories stay on it. I had a REALLY BIG brain fart and learned that the hard way.
        I'm still looking for pieces a year later...
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

Originally posted by JSUPreston
          Good to know on both counts. I have my planer on a flip top cart but have never found anything else that makes sense to fix to the other side. Its convenient to have it tucked under the counter.
          Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

Comment

• lrr
            Established Member
            • Apr 2006
            • Fort Collins, Colorado
            • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by woodturner
            FWIW, they have run them at that price at various times in the past, so it could just be a sale price. I bought mine probably four years ago or so when it was on sale for that price.
            I bought mine about 4 years ago as well. This is one of my favorite tools. Works well and is very reasonably priced -- a great design having both belt and drum. Hard to believe nobody has copied it.
            Lee

Comment

• Sawatzky
              Established Member
              • Apr 2005
              • CA
              • Ridgid TS3650

I also have had one for about 4 years. Awesome tool! No sander in this price range can come close to comparing with the quality and features!

Comment

• lago
                Established Member
                • Nov 2003
                • Lago Vista, TX.

I got one a few years ago and tried to use a Harbor Freight coupon and get 20% off. The mgr. looked at it and saw that it had expired. Told him I had more out in the truck. He then gave me 10% off.

Lago

Comment

• Knottscott
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Rochester, NY.
                  • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

This was one of the few tools that I've actually paid full price for. I like enough that I got over it pretty quickly....great tool, good price even at full retail.
                  Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• lrr
                    Established Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • Fort Collins, Colorado
                    • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by Knottscott
                    This was one of the few tools that I've actually paid full price for. I like enough that I got over it pretty quickly....great tool, good price even at full retail.
                    Good point. I think I paid full retail, but it seemed so reasonable I didn't worry. I kind of had the same feeling about buying my Festool track saw. At least everyone pays full price. Festool has their Kapex miter saw on sale now -- makes me wonder if a new model is coming out before too long. I don't have enough history with Festool to know the reasoning for the sale.
                    Lee

Comment

• atgcpaul
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2003
                      • Maryland
                      • Grizzly 1023SLX

I like my Ridgid OSS but I couldn't bring myself to pay full price knowing that some had gotten it for far less from CL. I found one on CL about 3 years ago. I think it was $125. The previous owner he used it minimally and was getting out of WWing. The sleeves looked practically new.

It happily shares a flip cart with my planer. The accessories go in a drawer under both of them.

Comment

• tfischer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2003
                        • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                        • BT3100

I have one as well... I use it on virtually every project. One of my favorite tools.

Comment

Working...