Poll: Have you been touched by any of the following?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Poll: Have you been touched by any of the following?

I am curious where the hearts and minds of BT3Central / Sawdustzone members are in regards to fund raising and awareness regarding certain high profile diseases.

The question isn't have you personally ever had, but the question is, have you been touched by any of the following. Meaning have you, or someone you cared about, ever had one or more of these illnesses. And if so would you be interested in helping out with fund raising, publicity, or some sort of activity to support fighting these diseases...

And hopefully I can figure out how to make a multi select poll work!

I am leaving the poll open for 10 days.

Sorry about the limited number of options... There are only 12 choices allowed in the poll on the forum software...
    Heart Disease
    23.33%
    Diabetes
    20.00%
    Cancer
    20.00%
    Lupus
    0.00%
    Alzheimers
    10.00%
    CPOD
    3.33%
    Parkinsons Disease
    0.00%
    Chrohn's disease
    3.33%
    Vision problems (Lions club glasses etc...)
    0.00%
    Arthritis
    13.33%
    Psychological disorders such as OCD, Multiple Personality Disorder etc...
    3.33%
    Debilitating wounds / PTSD.
    3.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by dbhost; 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I do not see an option for allowing multi select. So pick the one that means the most to you...

This is being used as just a barometer for where folks are, and if maybe there could be some possible areas of interest for our membership that we could pursue...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

To allow multiple choice you have to click the box when setting up the poll at the bottom of the page. We can change the number of possible responses but do we really need to?
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I've definitely been impacted by multiple items on that list. Since my father, uncle, grandmother, and aunt all succumbed to cancer, that was my vote, but I also lost my grandfather to heart disease, and have a close family member who is severely effected by OCD as well as other mental health issues.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

I didn't vote because too many choices apply. My wife and brother both are diabetic. The wife has COPD. Lost both of my parents to different forms of cancer. One of my sons is bipolar and arthritis runs in the family.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

My family has been equally affected by 3 of the problems but I clicked diabetes because my wife has it. But arthrities and heart disease did affect my parents family to a good extent.
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• BigguyZ
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • Minneapolis, MN
              • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I have severe arthritis in my shoulder. Something about the shoulder joint in my right arm not fully developing.

Recently got an injection, and the Doc said that we'll keep doing that until they don't last 2 months. Well it didn't last for a week, so it looks like the next step is scoping the shoulder. The inevitable conclusion is a full shoulder replacement. And since I'm nice and young, that means I'll need multiple ones, since they wear out.

It could be worse, but still pretty frustrating.

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

I didn't vote, as there needs to be multiple selections.

Let's see, my dear FIL passed because of Alzheimer's, my Dad because of cancer.

My wife has arthritis, glaucoma,

My late mother had diabetes and my son, and I are Type II.

I have high blood pressure.

Last year my wife and I attended our 50th class reunions... it was sadly astounding that out of her class, more than 10% had passed away. Out of mine, it was closer to 15%.

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • Independence, MO, USA.
                  • bt3100

I could honestly select all twelve of those, with the number of people I know. (between friends and family) And that doesn't bring into account transplant patients, or other illnesses.
                  To answer DB's question about hearts and funds, well only have so much money and with all the people I know, if I did a birthday card or gave money to every cause, I wouldn't have any to live on. I tend to help out LOCALLY, and have helped out with fund raisers/events, as well as giving of time/vounteering.
                  She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...