• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • durango dude
    • Mar 2011
    • a thousand or so feet above insanity
    • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

Holy smokes - this is art!

I stumbled into this guy here in Durango - learned a little about his company and his passion ---- DANG, I'm impressed!

Western heritage Furniture builds one-of-a-kind, handcrafted, heirloom quality furniture from the reclaimed wood of old barns, buildings and other early Amer...
  • AAJIII
    Established Member
    • Jan 2003
    • WANAQUE, NJ, USA.
    • Steel City 10" table saw

The head guy was a contestant on a TV show called "Ellens Furniture Design Challange".
    He won, but was disqualified for not creating an original design.

The Ellen is Ellen Degeneris.
    Last edited by AAJIII; 03-03-2015, 10:56 PM. Reason: To correct the name of the show
    AL JEWELL

Comment

• lrr
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Fort Collins, Colorado
      • Ryobi BT-3100

My wife and I have been watching this, as well as Framework. (If you are into Festool products, you will recognize one of the Framework contestants, Jory Brigham, who appears in some Festool videos and on one of their brochures).

My wife and I were really bummed to see Tim from heritage Furniture get disqualified after his win. It looks pretty bad, but haven't heard his side of the story. It was odd the way the show handled the disqualification, and announcing the new winner. I think his work was the best, just sorry to see him disqualified for what looked to be a really stupid move on his part.
      Lee

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

I only saw the last half of the seasons episodes but Tim was my favorite and was disappointed he got a dq. I like both shows but favor framework more because the contestants actually build the projects themselves. I heard one contestant on framework was actually selected for Ellen's show but quit when he/she found out they only design and not build. I wish they would cut out the produced drama. But it is Spike TV so I guess it's expected.
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• JoeyGee
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • Sylvania, OH, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Gee thanks for the spoiler alert, lol. I have EDC dvr'd and am not caught up. I really don't care who wins, so it doesn't matter. I just like seeing people build stuff and don't really care for the competition angle. Those design judges are a little too serious for me.

I couldn't get into the other one. Too dark/forced drama for me.
          Joe

Comment

• Neal
            Established Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
            • Ryobi BT3000

I'd say the designers are pretty hands on for Ellen's show. But they do have good carpenters at their disposal.

I haven't finished watching the last two episodes.

A couple of the designers were "out there" and the judges are also "out there"

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Interesting video. Thanks.
              Richard

Comment

Working...