• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bfrikken
    • Apr 2005
    • Michigan, USA.
    • BT-3100

Biscuit shaped hinges

Was watching Norm this past weekend. I think he was making the tall linen press, and he used some hinges on the doors that fit into a biscuit groove.

Pretty neat. I looked at their site, and they mentioned they were from lamello.com

It is #8 on that page.

Interesting concept.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

That is an interesting concept if you want to use leaf type hinges. That biscuit cutter is expensive. The mortises could likely be cut with an ordinary biscuit joiner with some careful setup.

Comment

• bfrikken
      • Apr 2005
      • Michigan, USA.
      • BT-3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
      That is an interesting concept if you want to use leaf type hinges. That biscuit cutter is expensive. The mortises could likely be cut with an ordinary biscuit joiner with some careful setup.
      I'm not entirely sure, but I didn't think Norm used a Lamello biscuit joiner. Looked like PC to me.

Comment

• Stray_shot
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2006

Nah, it was a lamello. I caught the end of the show when he was doing it and commented to my dad that Norm was using a ~$700 biscuit cutter.

Comment

• drumpriest
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
          • Powermatic PM 2000

yeah, norm mostly uses a Lamello, though I'm sure he also has a PC sitting around somewhere. I would think Cabinetman is correct, the hinges are likely a standard biscuit size.
          Keith Z. Leonard
          Go Steelers!

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

What I've noticed is that Nahm uses a Lamello in earlier episodes, but has used a P-C the past few seasons. Until this year's retreads, that is...

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...