• Show
Clear All
  • Tarhead
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2007
    • Concord, NC
    • Delta Unisaw

Ryobi WDS 1600 Wide Drum Sander Owner's Manual

I joined BT3Central recently while researching a WDS 1600 for sale on Craig's List. BT3Central has the majority of the information related to these sanders on the internet. This sander is no longer produced by Ryobi (an identical version is produced by Steel City Toolworks however) and the manual is out of print. I ended up buying the sander and the owner did not have a manual for it. BT3Central member Todd Johnson has one of these for sale and mentioned in his classified ad he also had the manual. I want to publicly thank Todd for mailing me (a total stranger) a copy of his owner's manual for the WDS 1600. As a way of paying this forward, I have scanned the manual as a multi-page .pdf and uploaded it here:

Thanks again Todd and hello to my NCWoodworker buds Eric and Ken!
    Last edited by Tarhead; 10-04-2008, 03:13 PM. Reason: Moved file to different host
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Something else you might be able to use and add to the PDF is the parts breakdown. If you want it I will email it to you.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Tarhead
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2007
      • Concord, NC
      • Delta Unisaw

Would anyone be willing to host this owner's manual or suggest another place to keep it accessible? The NC Woodworker's site now requires membership to access.
      Thanks!
      Mark

Comment

• shoottx
        Veteran Member
        • May 2008
        • Plano, Texas
        • BT3000

Here is the parts list; http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/ryobi_tool/WDS1600.pdf
        Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

Okay, manual now available here:

Comment

• Tarhead
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2007
            • Concord, NC
            • Delta Unisaw

Thanks for hosting!

Comment

• marckostac

Originally posted by cgallery
              Thanks for your prompt reply. I just got one used off of Craig's, so I appreciate the vote of confidence. I hear a mixed bag of reviews; some complaints. I guess I accept that for the money I will have to spend some time with set-up, etc. It seems people who complain about their machines, sometimes expect the machine to do all the work. I have an old Delta planer -- the first portable version -- and I love it, though I have read plenty of complaints about snipe. I rarely have snipe because I usually feed the board evenly. In short, I'll use the Ryobi with the same care and expect similar results.

Comment

• tropicaffair
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2003
                • Gloucester, MA, USA.

Thank you both for the parts manual and the operators manual. I am going to look at a wds1600 later today that I found on Craigslist. Now I know which parst to loof for tomake sure they're included.

Russell
                Russell

Comment

• ledbthand
                  Handtools only
                  • Nov 2014

Man I hate to beat this dead horse, but could someone host a new link to that manual? I just got one of the wds1600 sanders off CL myself.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2005
                    • Independence, MO, USA.
                    • bt3100

Originally posted by ledbthand
                    Man I hate to beat this dead horse, but could someone host a new link to that manual? I just got one of the wds1600 sanders off CL myself.

Thank you in advance.
                    Should have started a new post, rather then bring up a long dead one.
                    After Ryobi, Steel City used to sell one of these (no longer produced but manual still online).
                    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• ledbthand
                      Handtools only
                      • Nov 2014

Thank you, normally I would make a new post but I was having some permission issues with this new account. Hence why I said "I hate to beat this dead horse". haha!

Comment

• Sitol
                        Handtools only
                        • May 2015

I am unable to access the link to the manual below. Does anyone have a Ryobi users manual that they would be willing to share. Thank you in advance for any help.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                          cycling to health
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                          • BT3k 1999

You might reach out to Phil Thein at this forum he used to host a pdf of the manual.
                          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• cphelps
                            Administrator
                            • Dec 2012

All the links on this thread are dead. Here are the two manuals referenced. The Operators manual is for the Steel City version of the drum sander which is identical to the Ryobi.

Operators Manual: 55210_manual_lowres.pdf
                            Exploded Parts List: WDS1600.pdf

Comment

• atgcpaul
                              atgcpaul commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I have a scanned copy of the Ryobi manual in PDF if you want to share it. It's a scan of a printout (still good quality), though, so it won't have any OCR for searching.
                          Working...