Low-cost gift ideas for the woodworker (me!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

I liked dbhosts #11. I know Woodcraft, and probably Rockler has a $35 sack full of star and t knobs and assorted pieces that always come in handy and I never have the right one.
    capncarl

Comment

• TimTucker
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2014

Cheap stocking stuffer: stair gauges

Have never used them for making stairs (yet), but combined with a straight edge I've found them to be a good cheap alternative to more expensive bar gauge sets: http://www.woodpeck.com/ottbargauge.html

Comment

• eezlock
        • Feb 2006
        • Charlotte,N.C.
        • BT3100

low cost gift ideas for the woodworker (me!)

I think instead of tools, why not suggest that they give you gift cards
        to a favorite type store like Lowe's Home Depot, Sears, Harbor Freight or etc.
        If you get a bunch of them, combine them together and then get what you
        really want instead. Unless they are really in the know about tools anyway,
        they probably would only buy some type of cheap quality stuff and not what
        you would consider anyway, better you make the choices than them! eezlock

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

I found something to put in the not to get list, or maybe to give to the Mr. I Can Do Everything at work that you drew his name for Christmas presents! It is the small drop blade knife kit from Rockler. What a piece of crap! It looks good in the package and for $14 something it might make a good present. I almost bought 3-4 and am glad I changed my mind and only bought 1. The instructions were totally impossible to understand, the tiny screws came with a torx tiny torx wrench that would not fit. I've never seen a torx this small, it's 10x smaller than any of my torx sets. The knife does not have any center section , it's just open for every pocket string to snag and coin to get in and lodge and the lock mecanism can not be made to work. Yep, good gift for someone you do not like!
          capncarl

Comment

Working...