X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

The show is definitely slit smaller than in the past and Ptree is basically half. On the up side, starting last year, they added several new instructors. They just need to do a better advertising them and making sure people know where the classes are held. Heard a bunch of guys at the end of the show they didn't even know about them. Even though it's far from ideal I'll continue going. At least companies like Lee Valley and woodpecker are still attending.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Did I miss something? When is the Atlanta show?

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

Early March, same as usual.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• billwmeyer
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Weir, Ks, USA.
          • BT3000

I went to the KC show Friday. The $10 admission charge was well worth it for several hours of entertainment. Jim Heavey from Wood magazine is worth the price alone. The show is much smaller than it used to be. I have no local woodworking store, so I did purchase several items, but no tools. I drove about 2hours. I have missed several shows, but I am excited to go each year.
          "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

For the past 15 years ago my brothers in law an I burn some frequent flyer miles and hotel points and head to the woodworking shows usually somewhere in the south during the dead of winter in MN. It's more of an excuse to run away from the wives and children for a weekend. The shows themselves are quite enjoyable and we've found a few bargains over the years. The seminars are worth the time but many of them are 50/50 sales / education.

It is true that the number and size of shows has been declining for the last 5 or so years.
            Chr's

Comment

Working...