• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relative
    Established Member
    • Mar 2007
    • Garden Grove, CA
    • Ridgid R4512

Ereplacementparts shows this P/N handwheel with what looks like the center drilled out so the punch would still work.

Buy the official Jet hand wheel 708344 replacement - Use our model diagrams, repair help, and video tutorials to help get the job done.

Quite different from the one in your pictures here.

Mike
    Veterans are people who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including their life.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Mike you had my hopes up. However, I followed your link and if you blow up the picture you'll see that what looks like a hole in the end of the shaft is really just a dark reflection. I think they could bore a hole but don't because the shaft walls would be thinner than desired.
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

More good news. Tonight I spent a few minutes running the pink grinding bit from my HF die grinder set (because it fit) in my drill up and down through the 25mm tool post hole in the banjo - and presto! I now have a 1" hole in the banjo. So I can now use rests with 1" posts, as well as this 5/8" to 1" adapter (PSI, $11) so I can use all my 5/8" posted rests, including this curved rest for bowl turning that is on clearance at PSI which I picked up a little while back (was $20, now $6).
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Here are some photos - the first showing the acceptable fit of the stock 25mm tool post into the resized 1" banjo hole, then the new curved rest with post adapter separate, and then seated in the banjo. That curved rest is quite solid.
          Attached Files
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• woodhog
            Handtools only
            • Apr 2017
            • Winston-Salem, NC
            • Kobalt 1015, and a Rikon 14-324 bandsaw

Am a new member here. Just stumbled across this post as I was looking for a hand wheel for my new 34706. It is an almost perfect lathe. If it only had forward and reverse and a way to drop the speed below 600 rpm. Thanks for having the same questions as I did.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2007
              • Buena Park, CA
              • CM 21829

Welcome Woodhog! Enjoy the new lathe. I have a couple other changes I did, if interested check out this video and my channel: https://youtu.be/ueeBgnFGggI
              Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• woodhog
                Handtools only
                • Apr 2017
                • Winston-Salem, NC
                • Kobalt 1015, and a Rikon 14-324 bandsaw

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
                Welcome Woodhog! Enjoy the new lathe. I have a couple other changes I did, if interested check out this video and my channel: https://youtu.be/ueeBgnFGggI
                Thanks for the reply. Right now I am just enjoying using a lathe that has more functionality than my old Craftsman which committed suicide. Biggest thing for me to begin with will be the hand wheel. I noticed yours had one. Then I would like to get the speed down from 600 rpm to around 100 or 200 rpm. My old lathe had a low speed of 850, and it completely broke a tenon off and slung the bowl across the garage not once but twice. So far this one is a little nicer to me. Hasn't tried to kill me yet.

Comment

Working...