• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Computer Help???

When I get on eBay, I often do searches for a particular item. A list comes up showing all items that meet my criteria. If I click on one of these items, a detailed description comes up. To get back to the list I click on "Back to My Ebay." A couple weeks ago, when I click on "Back to My Ebay," I get a swirling circle with a strange alpha-numeric number next to it. It never goes anywhere. If I hit the back button (left-pointing arrow in Firefox) instead, it goes back to the list as it should. This happens only on eBay. I have tried a different browser, Comodo Dragon, with the same bad result. Any suggestions on what's wrong. Thanks.
    Richard
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by I saw that!
    I don't experience this with Firefox right now, so it isn't a server issue on their end.

Have you tried clearing cookies, history and your FF cache?

Tried running FF in safe mode? Maybe there's an add-on causing probs. If you don't have something like Flash blockers or Adblock on a militant setting in your browser(s) or an ActiveX issue, then it could be a non-browser issue.

Are you running Windows?

You didn't mention IE. Does it happen in IE as well (with or w/o add-ons/extensions enabled)?

If this issue is present in IE as well, first make sure all your OS updates are current, then try running sfc /scannow in an Admin command prompt window (if you're running Windows) to check for sysfile probs.
    I'm running WinXp on the computer I'm using now but the same thing happens on a notebook running Win7. It happens on both FireFox and Comodo Dragon. I normally don't use IE.
    Last edited by phrog; 02-27-2015, 10:13 PM.
    Richard

Comment

• phrog
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2005
      • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Updated Firefox to 36.0. Now I can't get on with Firefox at all - getting msg "Server Not Found." Totally disabled my firewall and getting same msg. However, I can get on with Comodo IceDragon. Totally confused.
      Richard

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Thanks for the help, I Saw That. Tried everything and nothing seems to get Mozilla back on. Finally did an uninstall and re-installation with no good results. Tried IE and it is the same. Fortunately, Comodo Ice Dragon is working fine. I totally disabled my firewall while trying to connect with Mozilla and IE. So that shouldn't be the problem. Really puzzled over this one. Again, thanks.
        Richard

Comment

• phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Thanks, I Saw That. Getting late - will probably work on it again tomorrow.
          Richard

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Got up this AM and Ice Dragon is working correctly as I have been reporting. But this AM, IE is also working which it hasn't been. Mozilla is still showing "Server Not Found." Think I need to uninstall completely and start from scratch. Will hopefully have time later today.
            Richard

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I think I have the Mozilla running again. Thanks for the help.
              Richard

Comment

• phrog
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2005
                • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by I saw that!
                Gratz! Reinstall did the trick?
                Yeah. The uninstall was much more difficult than the reinstall.
                Richard

Comment

Working...